BREAKING NEWS: Andy James leaves Blackstar to go to Laney

spawnofthesith

• Members

I disliked every second of that.. Hasn't blazing and tapping thru scales on the {censored}ing neck pickup been out of style since the 80's? Not only out of style, but considered total {censored} by anyone other than other guitarists who's only wish is to be technically proficient?

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

well I know him because he posts here but I don't think I would've heard of his band otherwise. No offense to Tim.

No offence taken, we're a tiny band in comparison to some of the other endorsees like Neon Trees, Killswitch Engage, Fozzy, Black Country Communion, Prodigy etc.

Andy is a monster player, i dont think anyone here can deny that. He also plays in a band over here called Sacred Mother Tongue, i think they're signed up with Century Media now so they'll be huge inside of the next 12 months.

• Members

C'mon there are plenty of players who use or have used Laney amps that are awesome.

Off hand there are/were some great shredders: Paul Gilbert, John 5, Andy Timmons, Mattias Elkhund (sp?) Kiko Loureiroa (sp?) & Jason Becker recorded Perpetual Burn with an Laney amp.

For bands, meaning I can't think of the names of the guitarists right now :facepalm:, the guys Opeth & KSE too.

Derek

• Members

C'mon there are plenty of players who use or have used Laney amps that are awesome.

Off hand there are/were some great shredders: Paul Gilbert, John 5, Andy Timmons, Mattias Elkhund (sp?) Kiko Loureiroa (sp?) & Jason Becker recorded Perpetual Burn with an Laney amp.

For bands, meaning I can't think of the names of the guitarists right now
:facepalm:
, the guys Opeth & KSE too.

Derek

John 5's Laney was for sale at my local CL the other day. $800. I would've bought it if I had the $.

• Members

Andy James is the most creative guitarist ever.

dun-dundundun-dun-dundundun-dun-dundundun-dun-dundundun-dun-dundundun

weedleweedleweedleweedleweedleweedleweedleweedleweedleweedleweedleweedleweedleweedleweedleweedleweedle

Obviously you're really pushing the envelope too.

• Members

What's with all the Andy James bashing? The guy's a great player, and a nice guy to boot. No need to talk {censored} about the guy just because... Wait, why is people badmouthing him again?
:confused:

Something I've noticed. HCAF has become a lot more cynical over the past few years.

I don't listen to shred albums as much as I used to, but I have some of his instructional DVD's. Very helpful

• Members

What's with all the Andy James bashing? The guy's a great player, and a nice guy to boot. No need to talk {censored} about the guy just because... Wait, why is people badmouthing him again?

Because, thanks to Timmy, everyone hates Laney. Even though they make damn nice amps.

• Members

The dude's got chops, but I just didn't find anything to like about the music. But I'm not someone who usually likes straight up shred.

Archived