The LP pg

fretless

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

No guards on a LP - ever. I'd rather ignore the little exposed screw hole on the front of the guitar than deal with a pickguard...

Have you ever known of someone that takes off the guard but must put the screw back in the hole? My friend Jason removed all the guards from his Pauls but always puts the screw back, he says its cause he doesn't like the look of the hole, i think it's cause he would lose it otherwise.

• Members

Have you ever known of someone that takes off the guard but must put the screw back in the hole?
My friend Jason removed all the guards from his Pauls but always puts the screw back, he says its cause he doesn't like the look of the hole, i think it's cause he would lose it otherwise.

If I take the PG off, I do that.

• Members

to me the finish makes a difference.... some look better with the guard...some don't...

This. If its got beautifully figured wood, why hide it? A black top lp with a white or cream pg has always looked classy to me though, like a tux

• Members
Between the 2 pictures, the one with the pg looks better. My "rule" for Les Paul is "pickup covers/pickguard" and "open coil pickups/no pickguard" .

Examples:

20b17b4b-a49a-4567-bd13-f55bbbaf7850.jpg

slash-appetite-gibson-les-paul-2.jpg

^^^^This. Bast response. You have a example of prim and proper. Then you got a slutty LP which I also :love:.

• Members
Between the 2 pictures, the one with the pg looks better. My "rule" for Les Paul is "pickup covers/pickguard" and "open coil pickups/no pickguard" .

Examples:

20b17b4b-a49a-4567-bd13-f55bbbaf7850.jpg

slash-appetite-gibson-les-paul-2.jpg

Glad you have a method, but this thing is teh secks.

lePaulStandard1.jpg

• Members

I'm so jelly of how good your LP looks, Dave. Seriously. If it was just a nut-hair browner at the edges (more tobacco than cherry), it would be the most beautiful les paul I know of.

• Members
I'm so jelly of how good your LP looks, Dave. Seriously. If it was just a nut-hair browner at the edges (more tobacco than cherry), it would be the most beautiful les paul I know of.

Thanks man, means a lot coming from you.

It's not quite as bright in person but it's definitely cherry burst. :)

Archived