Christian metal bands, lol

the_gunslinger

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Meh..I prefer my heathen godless metal.

For some reason the "christian metal" thing doesn't sit well with me. To each their own, but at least when it comes to "extreme" metal trying to throw Christian themes in it seems stupid.

That being said, I also hate that ultra "satanic" metal nonsense. I'm all for the theatrics and a nod to the campy aspect, but when they take it seriously I just have to shake my head. Having said that I still love me some nerdy church-burning-wannabe "satanic" black metal.

This pretty much sums what I think of it.. :thu:

• Members

well that would be a great way to get NO ONE to look at your flyer, doncha think?

No.. a parody of it, with something comical to catch the eye. Just using that art style.

I have a disk somewhere with a bunch of flyer themes I made up years ago. I hope I can find it. Had a really cool one I did using an ad page out of the back of an old 70's dirty magazine . The ones with the "YOU TOO CAN HAVE A 10" PENIS" & sh*t like that. Did a few with some stuff out of some old 70's Hot Rod / Car magazines too.

• Members

No.. a parody of it, with something comical to catch the eye. Just using that art style.

I have a disk somewhere with a bunch of flyer themes I made up years ago. I hope I can find it. Had a really cool one I did using an ad page out of the back of an old 70's dirty magazine . The ones with the "YOU TOO CAN HAVE A 10" PENIS" & sh*t like that. Did a few with some stuff out of some old 70's Hot Rod / Car magazines too.

you better find that {censored} and post it immediately.

• Members

well that would be a great way to get NO ONE to look at your flyer, doncha think?

I throw those in the trash on sight, whether I find them in the laundry room or in a doctor's waiting room.

The worst are the "Burn in hell" tracts that look like little comic books.

I have issues...

• Members

with most "cookie monster vocals" they could be singing about Satan, Jesus, their Mahjong circle, or any combination thereof.

And yes imaginary imagery (ie Demons, God, Devil, tooth Fairy, leprechauns etc) are all pretty much equivalent in my mind, although Christian stuff is notably more boring.

709_image-03.jpg

• Members

Aww, I missed this awesome thread cause I was at work.

It lacked something though......oh, here, let me fill the void.

[video=youtube;Z-060hBaQk0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-060hBaQk0

[video=youtube;_PHJQeX3UaM]

[video=youtube;R5iqAcxVaIM]

[video=youtube;GmuxmtiK06o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmuxmtiK06o

[video=youtube;INOCpHTyyyc]

Don't get me wrong, there is tons that suck ass, but there is some damn quality music that gets overlooked just because the members are christian and have christian themes in their lyrics.

• Members

c'mon, i grew up in the midwest... do i need to see another christian rock band?

I was gonna say "man... good thing we don't have to put up with that {censored} out here" but again, the whole thread started with a post on my hometown craigs list lol...

• Members

Oh my god. It's like one of those thrown together songs on childrens TV.

Exactly what I was thinking. Could be the cheesiest song I've ever heard. If you were in a band and the singer was like "man I've got some hot lyrics, they go wo-oh-oh keep your bodies moving to the rhythm of the beat. Move your body, move move your body, etc.." what would you say? It's {censored}ing embarrassing.

I guess it's not much worse than that Call Me Maybe song that's on the radio.

• Members

The best metal band I've heard recently is 7 Horns 7 Eyes. I didn't even realize they were christian at first, name sounds kinda demonic (but I guess its taken from the book of revelation).

But they're awesome.

[video=youtube;NG9eyTDS83c]

[video=youtube;TInQ0eZwFp8]

[video=youtube;3BiTFadkhU4]

Archived