Christian metal bands, lol

the_gunslinger

• Members

I think Old Testament style christianity is suited for metal :idk: Maybe some book of revelation stuff (Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse, number of the beast, the anti-christ, etc.).

Christianity ain't all about love, peace and understanding. Sometimes it's about stoning, burning witches, and overwhelming guilt.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

So if you ARE married to a WOMAN, you can get hammered, high as a kite and screw around..?

Anyways, just seems like the "serving god" thing is sort of an excuse for how a blatantly obvious oxymoron this is. To me it just looks like they just really want to play metal, and their parents are against metal music... so they play metal and make the lyrics "church happy"..

If you are trying to reach youth, christian metal is more of a deterrant than anything.

• Members

I played in a Christian Punk/Metal Band when i was 16 called Royal Anguish...i played with them simply to get stage time/experience the Singer Matt had kids without being married which was something he used to preach about during band practices. He would do these bible study things before practice preaching against "lust of the flesh" I learned very quickly what christian bands are all about behind the scenes while hanging out with a few of the big ones back in the day.

• Members

I played in a Christian Punk/Metal Band when i was 16 called Royal Anguish...i played with them simply to get stage time/experience the Singer Matt had kids without being married which was something he used to preach about during band practices. He would do these bible study things before practice preaching against "lust of the flesh" I learned very quickly what christian bands are all about behind the scenes while hanging out with a few of the big ones back in the day.

Sadly most Christian bands ARE that way. I am in a Christian band and I can promise you that we are'nt like that. We all go through the same crap that everyone else does. Most of the songs we write arent preachy, they are more positive and meant to be encouragement. I cant stand hypocritical people that try to shove any kind of religion onto another person. I absolutely wont do it. I would say 80% of the bands I have been around at Christian venues play them because they cant get into the secular scene anywhere. The "crabcore christian" bands are the worst. Been around a ton of them. A lot of the bigger name bands are the same way.

• Members

Sadly most Christian bands ARE that way. I am in a Christian band and I can promise you that we are'nt like that. We all go through the same crap that everyone else does. Most of the songs we write arent preachy, they are more positive and meant to be encouragement. I cant stand hypocritical people that try to shove any kind of religion onto another person. I absolutely wont do it. I would say 80% of the bands I have been around at Christian venues play them because they cant get into the secular scene anywhere. The "crabcore christian" bands are the worst. Been around a ton of them. A lot of the bigger name bands are the same way.

Ive also been in a couple christian bands and am currently in one. We dont really like the "preachy" style lyrics, the songs are more about bringing people toward christ in a way a different audience can accept. Everyone in the band is christian, and we're not perfect, but we're alot better than alot of other people.....

• Members

Disciple has {censored}ing crushing guitar tones.

Just saying...

I saw them a few years back at a Christian music festival I got dragged to by an ex gf. They weren't bad, especially compared to the horribly awful sonic {censored} my ears were bombarded with for most of the rest of the day

• Members

I'm glad you have strong true Faith. it was a bad time in my life and i was struggling with my own beliefs. I'm almost 39 now so i'm over what happened with them.

• Members

I saw them a few years back at a Christian music festival I got dragged to by an ex gf. They weren't bad, especially compared to the horribly awful sonic {censored} my ears were bombarded with for most of the rest of the day

They've got a couple of albums that are really good.

And I'm an agnostic lol...

• Members

They've got a couple of albums that are really good.

And I'm an agnostic lol...

High fives.

I have nothing against Christian metal bands, theres a lot of {censored}ty ones, but I also have to give credit to ones such as As I Lay Dying and Haste the Day for bringing me into the fold of metal when I was 13

Archived