How's this for basic rhythm guitar tone? CLIP

Chrisjd

• Members

Listened now. Sounds good, but I think the guitars could come up a little bit and it wouldn't hurt to have them a tiny bit brighter. Absolutely great tone though! Love the thickness of the mids and the bit of grind.

• Members

I can't listen to it at work, but "wet" also commonly means saturated/gainy. Since someone said the guitars had a squishy Recto vibe, I bet that's it.

I thought "wet" refers to effects such as reverb, delay, chorus...that kind of thing.

Anyway, I think it sounds good.

Something on it sounds almost like a dog barking in the distance. It's very faint. What is that?

• Members

I thought "wet" refers to effects such as reverb, delay, chorus...that kind of thing.

Something on it sounds almost like a dog barking in the distance. It's very faint. What is that?

I can't listen to it at work, but "wet"
also
commonly means saturated/gainy. Since someone said the guitars had a squishy Recto vibe, I bet that's it.

:cop:

• Members

Listen again quietly it sounds like the reflection of the snare(?) maybe I'm goofy I think it sounds good

• Members

Ha! That intro drum loop sounds really familiar, even though I took it in a totally different direction:

http://soundcloud.com/jim-parker-2/poorinafrica

The guitar is my LP Special into the Garage Band amp sims; the bass is my guitar pitch shifted an octave. The vocals were recorded with the built-in mic on my MacBook.

Your clip sounds great, by the way. I love the kind of spongy vibe I hear.

• Members

Ha! That intro drum loop sounds really familiar, even though I took it in a totally different direction:

The guitar is my LP Special into the Garage Band amp sims; the bass is my guitar pitch shifted an octave. The vocals were recorded with the built-in mic on my MacBook.

Your clip sounds great, by the way. I love the kind of spongy vibe I hear.

Pretty cool. very floaty and tropical. I like it.

Archived