How do you cook crab legs?

Crunchtime

• Members

So, we are having a big 4th of July feast and I am grilling steak, burgers, chicken, brats, country style ribs, and hot dogs. Well, I was at the store today and they had a great deal on frozen snow crab legs so I bought a bag. It weighs 2.5 pounds.

How do I cook them? Stick in boiling water a couple minutes? Wrap in foil with butter and broil? I don't have a steamer but I got a tall stock pot I can put a strainer on top of.

• Members

Steam for 8-10 minutes... NO longer... I really like to put a {censored}load of lemon juice in the water... I feel it adds just a little bit of citrus to the meat, not much though obviously... it's more of a trick for blue crabs... but there is definitely a difference...

• Members

Steam for 8-10 minutes... NO longer... I really like to put a {censored}load of lemon juice in the water... I feel it adds just a little bit of citrus to the meat, not much though obviously... it's more of a trick for blue crabs... but there is definitely a difference...

Ooooh, {censored} yeah!

0.jpg

• Members

How do I cook them? Stick in boiling water a couple minutes? Wrap in foil with butter and broil? I don't have a steamer but I got a tall stock pot I can put a strainer on top of.

Teh Googlez,....how does it work?

Srsly,...since they're already cooked you just steam or boil them long enough for them not to be frozen anymore and to warm through.

My fellow Marylander-homie .homewrecker. already mentioned Old Bay. Hook em with some if you can get your hands on some out in Kansas.

Archived