So guys... I need a new modeler and a practice amp...

guitarbilly74

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Hey Billy......

You know I had the Tonelab....I just switched to HD500. It's opened up a whole big bad world. Now...you still get a little bit of the underlying fizz, but it is greatly reduced. Cleans are cleaner and hi gain is a lot more modern and...high gainy! The learning curve is steep, but patch downloads help! Essentially a HUGE upgrade!

Also picked up a Mustang III. Again...a GREAT purchase! Nice cleans, great dirt sweet Fender vintage tones. The amp has great reviews even from tone snobs. Ifnwhen you demo it, turn off the reverbs...they have them jacked way up. Very easy to operate and get set up. The footswitch is a little lacking for live use, but doable- it was meant to be simple.

For practice and small gigs, I use the HD into the Mustang power section. Sounds great! Typical Fender power tone. Also use the old Twin for serious tone and power. My amp searching is done...for now. I've got every kinda tone I could every need or want. The HD Fireball tone is awesome! Combine with a mesa tone...holy {censored}!

• Members

Try finding a used POD XTL or X3L instead of the older POD XT. Might be 50 bucks more but well worth it.

Those red outlined Peavey TT112 fX Bandits are really cool amps too.

By XTL do you mean the XT Live? It has exact the same modeling as the regular XT.

The X3 would be cool, maybe I can find one...

Archived