So guys... I need a new modeler and a practice amp...

guitarbilly74

• Members

I think I will go that route. It seems like it's the best bang for the buck (Mustang III). I will stop at GC tonight and give it a serious try.

Love my Mustang III. I put an Eminence Governor in it and it sounds great.

Keep in mind the Fuze software gives you more in-depth control of the parameters than just the knobs on the amp itself.

Plenty loud to gig with at medium venues too.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

nah it's a lot to buy and carry around. I am mainly looking for a small combo with a 2-4 button footswitch I can carry in the back of it.

How is a 2U rack bag and a 1x12 cab more to carry around than a combo? :D It's even spread weight! :D

• Members

I will definitely look into the Vypyr. It's so ugly I forgot about it.

The 6505+ would be a great jam amp, but I would still need a modeler for my home made demos, I am tired of mic'ing {censored} up
:lol:

No you wouldnt. The 112 has a mic simulated line out that you could plug in direct to an interface...

• Members

One of my buddies just recommended me the Tech 21 Trademark 30 or 60. What do you guys think?

I had one of these and foolishly got rid of it. I'd love to have it back. I had the 60. It's a good stand alone amp with two channels with some shared tone shaping controls. They are one of the best solid state amps out there. The great thing about them is they are light, loud enough for jaming, have a direct out that sounds great going right to a PA, and you can run a TR10, POD HD, or any other modeler in front of the effect return and you can use the amp as a monitor while running a direct out to the PA. It's very flexible and if you can pick one up for 250-300 used, it's a great buy.

• Members

I really enjoy my Mustang II through my 112 cab with WGS Reaper in it. I just leave the whole rig at my practice space. I wouldnt hesitate to gig with it either. Its plenty loud and sounds pretty amazing for a $199 amp!

the only down side to my Mustang 2 is the ability to switch between 2 sounds. Planning on getting the Mustang3 soon as 4 sounds are all i use on my X3 live at church,

• Members

Cuz he's GuitarBillazy74 :poke:

Of course he could just run the 1u rack direct into the board, and hear his guitar thru the monitor
:idk:

I already carry a tube half-stack, 30x16" pedalboard and 3 guitars to practice and gigs 2-4x a week. I want this to be the opposite of my main rig, just grab and go, not a multi-piece rig that probably won't sound any better.

• Members

I picked up my old Peavey Bandit 1x12 for $100 and it sounds pretty good boosted and is plenty loud.
:idk:

I second this :thu:

The 85 watt transtube blew me away and can be had stupid cheap on CL. I heard one up against my plexi and could not believe it. It's not the best tone ever but damn good, 1x12, plenty loud while still sounding good low and I think they even have da verb.

• Members

I was actually looking into the pocket pod. If it sounds as good as the normal PODs, it would be a good option for home recording and cheap enough I can still buy a combo for the jams.

It doesnt. I bought one before the amplug, and I took it back 2 days later. Its basically a spider amp in pocket format.

Why not get an AMT legend pedal for recording and then use free plugins and stuff...I use TONS of free plugins for clean tones and that kinda thing.

• Members

I second this
:thu:

The 85 watt transtube blew me away and can be had stupid cheap on CL. I heard one up against my plexi and could not believe it. It's not the best tone ever but damn good, 1x12, plenty loud while still sounding good low and I think they even have da verb.

That's actually a great idea. If I can find a Bandit TT for cheap and an used POD... hmmm I think that's the way to go :idea:

Glad I made this thread. I really like this plan.

• Members

It doesnt. I bought one before the amplug, and I took it back 2 days later. Its basically a spider amp in pocket format.

Why not get an AMT legend pedal for recording and then use free plugins and stuff...I use TONS of free plugins for clean tones and that kinda thing.

Yeah, I had a pocket pod for 2 days as well. Took that bitch back. It was ok but nothing great.

• Members

So this is is the current plan:

Used Peavey Bandit for $100 for jams

Used POD XT, X3 or even 2.0 for about $100-150 for home recording.

Good idea?

:lol:

{censored}ing kick ass :thu:

Or even the Toneport UX2! Interface with amp farm or whatever the {censored} the include. Pretty much a software pod with decent interface. There is one on my local CL for $40 and I have recorded a ton with mine.

• Members

Found this:

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/msg/3213220330.html

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/msg/3212866698.html

$180 total :thu:

Just contacted them, hopefully I will get this today :)

{censored}ing A!! I am so glad I made this thread, I'm saving about $100 from what I was planning and I will end up with better gear

Archived