Updating Resumes suck

Lucius

• Members

Don't ever leave it for more than a couple years even if you're not in the job market. I've had sooo many projects since the last time I've updated. Do you guys put {censored} down that you've forgotten how to do? I used to be the master of writing resumes, now, I'm so scattered it isn't even funny. Oh, I'm applying for an Associate director of Oceanography at the university so wish me luck. Cheers, Lucius

PS: And my writing completely sucks notice all the poor grammar

• Members

There's very few things in our normal course of life worse than updating resume, filling job applications, and interviewing for a job.

Obviously, if someone cut off your d!%k and shoved it down your throat...well that would suck too. I mean "normal" stuff. :)

My sympathies Lucius...stay in good cheer. :)

AD at "the university"...holy {censored}...big leagues huh?

• Members

I have the good fortune of working in an industry where your resume is literally just a list of where you've worked and who your clients were. The important thing in my line of work is your portfolio of actual work, which is a HUGE bitch to organize. But my resume is pretty much just:

Experience:

Agency 1

• Members

The whole resume/cover letter/thank you letter thing is horse {censored}.

Just {censored}ing talk to me brah. I'm good to go, show up on time, and tend to stick around at a job for a while so lets do this {censored}.
:lol:

lol, all i have is a resume that was made while i was in school. i just add work experience to the same file and upload it everywhere.

no cover letter, no thank you after an interview. just facts. it works.

• Members

I had mine written by a Rec-to-Rec bloke, basically high-powered recruitment consultant to the recruitment industry. One of the perks of getting made redundant by Sony Computer Entertainment. They really took care of things!

It's nearly always got me at least a call back for what I'm applying for.

Cheers

Lucius' hairdresser

• Members

I just did mine. I work on so many projects that I cant possibly list them all on there and keep it at a single page, so I trim things, put the biggest stuff on the resume, and let them ask me questions and fill in the gaps during the interview. Coverletter helps with that too.

• Members

Don't ever leave it for more than a couple years even if you're not in the job market. I've had sooo many projects since the last time I've updated. Do you guys put {censored} down that you've forgotten how to do? I used to be the master of writing resumes, now, I'm so scattered it isn't even funny. Oh, I'm applying for an Associate director of Oceanography at the university so wish me luck. Cheers, Lucius

PS: And my writing completely sucks notice all the poor grammar

Good grammar means nothing on Harmony Central and don't you forget it. Good luck !!!

• Members

its not bad. all you got to do is find people who has had the same jobs as you on linkedin.

copy their job description from their linkedin and put it on your resume.

copy the job's bullet points from people who looks the most impressive :lol:

• Members
its not bad. all you got to do is find people who has had the same jobs as you on linkedin.

copy their job description from their linkedin and put it on your resume.

copy the job's bullet points from people who looks the most impressive
:lol:

lol, you giggle but I actually just did something very similar. Mainly for the formatting of it but still saved me lots of time. Cheers, Lucius

• Members

My update:

Resume

June 12th 2010

Current employment: 2002 to Present

*2 years later*

June 12th 2010

June 12th 201_

June 12th 2012