Who here plays straight through the amp

guitarbilly74

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I run straight into my JVM 99% of the time. Sometimes I use a Wah and Trem, but only when I jam with my Dad's blues band.
The less stuff for me to remember to grab when I leave the venue the better
, b/c I have been known to get a buzz and leave {censored}.
:facepalm:

That's what I am getting at :lol:

• Members

I run straight into my JVM 99% of the time. Sometimes I use a Wah and Trem, but only when I jam with my Dad's blues band. The less stuff for me to remember to grab when I leave the venue the better, b/c I have been known to get a buzz and leave {censored}.:facepalm:

• Members

I run straight into my JVM 99% of the time. Sometimes I use a Wah and Trem, but only when I jam with my Dad's blues band.
The less stuff for me to remember to grab when I leave the venue the better, b/c I have been known to get a buzz and leave {censored}.
:facepalm:

That's what I am getting at :lol:

• Members

Yeah, more than 90% of the time it's straight from guitar to amp. I'll use the amp's reverb if I feel like doing some clean stuff, but mostly straight to amp. It's generally too much work to break out the pedals and put them back after each session so I usually leave them put up unless I know I have some time to jam

• Members

not i, though i know how to generally replicate my riffage in the case of emergency, as occurred at my first show when my old ghetto pedalboard crapped out somehow.

funny thing is, of all the songs i used pedals for, the ones we selected for that short showcase were effectless.

• Members

I was for like the last 6 months but I just got a gsp1101 so I no longer qualify.

I think playing w no pedals made me a better player. There isn't anything you can step on so you just have to play. Helped me focus.

We play stoner blues garage rock type of stuff.

• Members
as in no effects
at all
? Not even boost, wah, gate, nothing... well except for a tuner, of course.

I want to try that on my next practice
:lol:
Should be fun.

Also, what music style do you play?

If this were 1958' i'd say yes.......now, nobody.

Hell now people play amps that arent even amps. :snax:

Archived