Who here plays straight through the amp

guitarbilly74

• Members

Too bad we did not ask for clips of everyone. And how much better they are NOT "hiding behind effects"

LOL nice try.

However....if you want to truly take me up on this challenge...lets just visit some studio's and find out how many effects they actually DO put on amps/recording of guys that SAY the don't use effects.

I understand it's a little bit different than the proposal here......but my point is....there is a reason and purpose for effects. It's NOT "hiding"...as so many claim here. It is enhancing the listening experience.

Here is a song I did awhile back. Various parts have reverb, delay, chorus, volume pedal, pitch shift...maybe a few others I can;t remember :idk::) . This song would NOT be the same, and would not convey what I want it to without them.

http://www.mp3lizard.com/download.cfm?id=25176

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
And what amp are you using that you need to keep your signal so pure?
:lol:

It's obvious, isn't it? his amp is a wooden box with one wire that connects the input jack to the speaker jack... that way there's no pesky thermionic valves, capacitors, resistors and pots to kill his signal.

Because obviously no one would be ludicrous enough to believe that a bunch of caps and resistors would kill your signal just because it's in a pedal, but be totally cool for your signal just because they're in a big wooden box. :lol:

Surely? :confused:

Archived