Finally got to play my EVH 5150 III with a band tonight.

Tommy Horrible

• Members

Holy {censored}. Heaviest amp {censored}ing ever. Everyone who plays any sort of heavy downtuned music should immediately sell everything they own including cum, blood and your butthole and buy one of these things immediately. {censored}ing perfect heavy tone. Unreal, some amps you play and are like ehhhhhhh it's good, or hmmm just not for me, or maybe I just need to dial it in better. This {censored}er is a immediate show stopper. Unreal.

• Members

I keep hearing the hype for this amp, but ive yet to see a video that really sounds so good

Im NOT saying its a bad amp (not at all) but i have yet to hear/see some youtube clips that sound so good as people are saying --- where are the clips to suppoert these claims, anyone show me?

:idk:

• Members

I keep hearing the hype for this amp, but ive yet to see a video that really sounds so good

Im NOT saying its a bad amp (not at all) but i have yet to hear/see some youtube clips that sound so good as people are saying --- where are the clips to suppoert these claims, anyone show me?

I'll post a song from a band I recorded with it later, {censored} sounds huge. That's what is so cool about it, it sounds huge and you would think scoopy but it just dominates and cuts, that thing with a band is genius.

• Members

I liked my FJA 5150 more than the 5150 lll. The lll is a bad ass amp, I just think the Peavey just feels better to me. The lll just got lost in the band mix with my other guitar players JCM 800. I would like to get another one and give it another try now that I am the only guitar player in the band.

• Members

I spent considerable time with 2 different ones. I feel the opposite, I had a really hard time getting tones i cared for with it. Very sterile sounding to my ears. For Death Metal Rhythm, my VH140C killed it, and to be fair that amp also made me sell my VHT Pitbull Ultra Lead. I have heard some bands sound good with them, just did not work for me at all.

• Members

I liked my FJA 5150 more than the 5150 lll. The lll is a bad ass amp, I just think the Peavey just feels better to me. The lll just got lost in the band mix with my other guitar players JCM 800. I would like to get another one and give it another try now that I am the only guitar player in the band.

Tell me more of this FJA 5150..what'd you have done to it?

• Members

^ agreed. I hear all the folks rave on it, vids it doesn't impress me @ all. Honestly Ola's 5150 vs 6262 tones slay every vide of the 5150III I've seen.

Derek

Archived