Worst Dime guitar ever.

Crunchtime

• Members

This. All of it. I would love to have a floyded guitar with that body shape and headstock.

Yeah, I mean, I think that OP guitar is pretty badass looking. The graphics are a bit dated IMO, but I'm not all that big on graphics anyway. The headstock looks pretty cool to me. MUCH better than that massive abomination Dean has.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

What an abomination!
:facepalm:

How can it be a Dime guitar with that headstock? Inlays are very unDime and graphics are lame too.

http://www.gearhounds.com/dean-dimebag-ml-sledge-electric-guitar.aspx

Oh wait! Vinnie Paul signed certificate included! Get the {censored} out!

This on the other hand looks bad ass.

http://www.gearhounds.com/ibanez-rg3-25th-limited-edition-electric-guitar-laser-blue.aspx

Don't really know if Edge Zero II is worth a {censored} but, it looks focking awesome.

Soo you're blasting one of Dime's early models..one he actually owned (instead of all the ones that came out after his death that he had nothing to do with)..while having the hots for an ugly ass, generic POS Ibanez.

polls_wrong_answer_3004_710343_answer_1_

• Members

What an abomination!
:facepalm:

How can it be a Dime guitar with that headstock? Inlays are very unDime and graphics are lame too.

http://www.gearhounds.com/dean-dimebag-ml-sledge-electric-guitar.aspx

Oh wait! Vinnie Paul signed certificate included! Get the {censored} out!

This on the other hand looks bad ass.

http://www.gearhounds.com/ibanez-rg3-25th-limited-edition-electric-guitar-laser-blue.aspx

Don't really know if Edge Zero II is worth a {censored} but, it looks focking awesome.

Holy {censored}!!! GODDAMN that is {censored}ing ugly, and like you I have a hard time that Dime had ANYTHING to do with that, I mean how could he, he's been dead for how long (RIP, I know it sounds cheezy but he was taken WAY too early).

Edit: Just saw the poster of him with it...OK, so he used it, so what, I really don'tthink he'd ever sign off on using it as his sig guitar, for the reason I stated above...I'm sure Dean is just trying to cash in...

Back when I was playing guitar and the very first DimeSlime came out I thought it was the most beautiful and epic guitar EVER, I wanted one so {censored}ing bad but there was no way I could afford the 2 large they were going for at the time...I never did get my hands on a Dean at all, and never knew anyone that ever had or used one.....

• Members

This is the worst one IMO:

108132661_lg.jpg

My son has the V version of that guitar with the yellow bevels. He was dead set on getting it. I tried to steer him another direction but just like any other 16 year old with a boner for something he was unwavering. The guitar actually played nice and had a nice EMG 81/85 set of PUs in it. It was actually a really nice axe, I just couldn't get along with the V neck profile.

The irony of it all is that he has major GAS now for the Ibanez Prestige that I was trying to steer him towards in the first place. {censored}in' kids. Apparently, his 19 year old taste is a little different than his 16 year old taste. :lol:

• Members

My son has the V version of that guitar with the yellow bevels. He was dead set on getting it. I tried to steer him another direction but just like any other 16 year old with a boner for something he was unwavering. The guitar actually played nice and had a nice EMG 81/85 set of PUs in it. It was actually a really nice axe, I just couldn't get along with the V neck profile.

The irony of it all is that he has major GAS now for the Ibanez Prestige that I was trying to steer him towards in the first place. {censored}in' kids. Apparently, his 19 year old taste is a little different than his 16 year old taste.
:lol:

Cool to hear it plays okay. Hopefully your son will be able to get that Prestige someday, too. :cool:

• Members

I think Jackson did the original version of this guitar. Same shark fin inlays as a Jackson, and the headstock in the old live footage with the original guitar looks like a Jackson from what I can tell. You can never see the damn logo, but I think that was intentional due to him being a Dean endorsee.

• Members

Yeah, I mean, I think that OP guitar is pretty badass looking. The graphics are a bit dated IMO, but I'm not all that big on graphics anyway. The headstock looks pretty cool to me. MUCH better than that massive abomination Dean has.

Yep. I say buy one and refinish it. That's the kind of axe I'd just rattle-can flat black for $5 and some elbow grease. It'd be a sweet metal axe. Dean may make good guitars, but they have some of the absolute worse taste in aesthetics. At least ESP and Schecter just ruin average-looking guitars by dunking them in glitter. Dean just makes goddamned ugly guitars.

• Members

I think Jackson did the original version of this guitar. Same shark fin inlays as a Jackson, and the headstock in the old live footage with the original guitar looks like a Jackson from what I can tell. You can never see the damn logo, but I think that was intentional due to him being a Dean endorsee.

There was no Dean at the time. That was before they came back in business.

That guitar was basically a broken ML where he glued a Washburn neck on it. I remember reading the story about it years ago...

• Members

You know, I don't have a problem with early Deans and their resurgence in the late 90's. The early MLs, Cadillac and Vs are killer guitars, and I'm jelly of the guys that have posted them in this thread.

What I have a problem is raping Dime's legacy with the Dime MLs and Razorbacks, and it's so obvious that Vinnie Paul and Rita are cashing in on it.

• Members

Exactly, lol....

I do, however, remember watching that video a lot and getting confused - I was seeing the Dean ML, but the headstock was all iike WTF!?

Rather reminscent of Wacken in 1998 when Hypocrisy played. Clip below for reference, but the massive talk at the beer bar was the mysterious custom Ibanez Peter Tagtgren was playing which appeared to have between 10 and 16 strings. It sure got everyone talking

_iTNnBMWFCE

...that was until months later it came to light that it was picks he'd taped onto his headstock...

DERPINA

• Members

You know, I don't have a problem with early Deans and their resurgence in the late 90's. The early MLs, Cadillac and Vs are killer guitars, and I'm jelly of the guys that have posted them in this thread.

What I have a problem is raping Dime's legacy with the Dime MLs and Razorbacks, and it's so obvious that Vinnie Paul and Rita are cashing in on it.

In fairness, though, if it's providing for Dimes family and letting kids get into guitars using a Dime guitar, who is it hurting?

Archived