Worst Dime guitar ever.

Crunchtime

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

both are {censored} ugly. but I understand the PCS one was from like 91 when EVERYTHING was {censored} ugly.

deans (mls Vs Zs and caddys) are actually nice guitars once you hit that 500$ price point. I {censored}in DUG a bubinga ML they had for a while but couldnt justify another humbucker (gibsonish) guitar at the time.

• Members

I love how you can easily spot the difference between the younger and older Pantera fans in this thread.

Young wannabes: Oh manz, thatz the suxxorrz4

Older fans: Er, it's the one he used for PCS.... what's the problem?

Idk, I'm 42 and was a Pantera fan before I ever seen the internet. I bought Cowboys from Hell on cassette when it first came out and you saw a specific guitar in a Youtube video. I guess that makes you the older and wiser Pantera fan. I guess I just like the tunes and am not a super fanboi that loves anything Dime touched even if it is ugly as {censored}.

• Members

Idk, I'm 42 and was a Pantera fan before I ever seen the internet. I bought Cowboys from Hell on cassette when it first came out and you saw a specific guitar in a Youtube video. I guess that makes you the older and wiser Pantera fan. I guess I just like the tunes and am not a super fanboi that loves anything Dime touched even if it is ugly as {censored}.

Er, I have CFH on tape too... Somewhere... Its not about being wiser or.... Ach, forget it...

• Members
Soo you're blasting one of Dime's early models..one he actually owned (instead of all the ones that came out after his death that he had nothing to do with)..while having the hots for an ugly ass, generic POS Ibanez.

polls_wrong_answer_3004_710343_answer_1_

Ugly ass Ibanez? Yeah right. This from the guy who's favorite guitar is a BC Rich Draco, the only guitar that would make the Dime Sledge guitar look classy.

• Members

pantera has been putting albums out since the early 80's they started in 81-82.

they were a glam band until phil joined in the late 80's.

that guitar is in the first home video. dime almost dropped it in the ocean in one part of the video.

you are not a fan.

• Members

I personally think they're fine off by themselves without having to necrofellate on Dime's name.

almost all of those guitars were from dimes own hand drawn designs on a bar napkin when he went back to dean. the razorback was his design, the art for the ml's were his designs, they were coming out whether or not he died.

• Members

well in my case I'm not much of a pointy guitar guy but those look fantastic. I've not played the high end models but I've heard they are fantastic.

they were born in the 70's. i don't get the whole "pointy guitars" thing. it's not liek its a {censored}in ltd explorer post-lawsuit.

• Members

pantera has been putting albums out since the early 80's they started in 81-82.

they were a glam band until phil joined in the late 80's.

that guitar is in the first home video. dime almost dropped it in the ocean in one part of the video.

you are not a fan.

I know all of that. I was just saying I first heard Pantera when CFH came out. What was that 1990? I listened to the older stuff shortly afterwards.I just did not care for it. Back then I had to go to record shops and try to track down info and order {censored}. I did not have the option of internet or listening to {censored} before you bought it.. Would have been awesome.

• Members

The Artist, Xiphos (even though it looks like a Jackson Warrior ripoff), older Icemans and Destroyers aren't all that bad though?

Sorry..all ugly. I hate the Xiphos, the destroyers look stupid to me with that headstock..there are many more attractive double cutaways than the artist..and the Iceman, meh. The iceman actually isn't bad depending on colors and whatnot, but it's never a guitar I spend any time considering.

• Members

At least it's a model like Dime played. You see that guitar on the first home video & at the Monsters In Moscow show.

Looks like Vin & Rita have been taking lessons from Janie Hendrix....casher-in of the Hendrix name.

Doesnt matter how cheesey they get, Die Hard Dime Phanbois will buy 'em.

• Members

you are not a fan.

In fairness, an encyclopedic knowledge is not a gauge for "fandom" or whatever... Ya like what you like, right? You can be a fan without knowing every single factoid!

I think it's more he takes offense that he came on her, crow'd about a Dean guitar being nothing like Dime's usual lineup and didn't take kindly to being corrected. I mean, it's an easy mistake given Dime's usual configuration, but really... fail to see how this made 70 odd posts...

• Members

I will say those Dime guitars have some mighty comfortable necks..most comfortable necks I ever played.

I had a ML about 15 years ago that had a really sweet feeling neck. It felt VERY similar to a 73 Strat I used to have. Other Deans Ive tried had nice ones too. I wouldnt mind having a real deal late 70's Dean V . The old Brazillaburst finished ones were beautiful.

Archived