What's your all time favorite guitar solo?

Soundstorm

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
thumb.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQzNBTukO0w

I cannot find the original video on youtube, heres the vid from Yahoo

http://video.search.yahoo.com/video/...yfp-t-701&tt=b

Either way its {censored}ing TOTAL WINSAUCE, the solo is killer on so many levels and the guitar tone is 30 years old and still sounds {censored}ing RIPPING/KILLER, Love it!

Totally_jammin_out.gif

Totally_jammin_out.gif

• Members

The woodstock Improvisation - Hendrix. Basically everything played after "Purple Haze" . Some beautiful stuff in there.

2nd - Machine gun (Band Of Gypsys). That first LOOOOOOOONG sustaining bend is the audio equivalent of busting a nut.

3rd- Floods. Dimebag.

4th- Comfortably Numb. Gilmore.

• Members

Probably Another Brick in the Wall Pt II by Gilmour.

Runner ups would be Sultains of Swing by Mark Knopfler, Satriani's Summer Song, Eric Johnson's Cliffs of Dover, and I have to include John Petrucci's Another Day, which I usually play every time I wanna see how a neck pickup sounds...

• Members

Comfortably Numb is pretty orgasmic. Especially live (though by Roger Waters' band) and while on MDMA.

Clapton's solo on Crossroads is one of my all time favourites.

Hey Hey My My-Neil Young, I just love the dissonant, broken sound he gets on the bends with the combination of Bigsby and octave-down.

Since I've Been Loving You is probably my favourite Page solo.

• Members

Hetfield says that for a brief time, the solo is the VOICE of the song and I agree completely, so, I guess my answer would be any solo that actually fits the context of the song and adds to it, to its story, whatever. Sometimes some songs maybe noisy dissonant masterpieces, so yeah, firework wankery may be just the stuff for them.

I can't argue with tom morello's solo on killing in the name of for example. Other than that, some other solos that more or less engraved their notes in my brain are metallica's hammet in the god that failed solo, petrucci's slow theme solo from glascow's kiss, stevie ray vaughan's solo on couldn't stand the weather, Hendrix's little wing, the mother of all solos.

Archived