Now this is how you play an 8 string guitar.

Chrisjd

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

with everyone saying whale farts, i came in expecting overly bassy, {censored}ty eq'd pedalled low F.

{censored} all of you idiots. jesus {censored}ing christ, it's like none of you clicked play at all and you just came in to spout off your {censored}ing old ass opinions that 6 strings are all you need tuned to open E# because everyone should sound like the beatles.

• Members

I wish they would do an SG body shaped agile 8 stringer. . .

id have the 2 low strings for silly ass doom tunings :love: and still have an "e standard" guitar for playin the classics. . . .

then agian I bust nuts over bass/guitar double necks sooooo my taste in guitars is pretty awful. :lol:

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by NeloAngelo

View Post

with everyone saying whale farts, i came in expecting overly bassy, {censored}ty eq'd pedalled low F.

{censored} all of you idiots. jesus {censored}ing christ, it's like none of you clicked play at all and you just came in to spout off your {censored}ing old ass opinions that 6 strings are all you need tuned to open E# because everyone should sound like the beatles.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by NeloAngelo

View Post

...it's like none of you clicked play at all and you just came in to spout off your {censored}ing old ass opinions that 6 strings are all you need tuned to open E# because everyone should sound like the beatles.

E# eh? What about B# for that matter? That's pretty cool too.

• Members

Wonder how these would sound if the gain were backed down a {censored}-ton? Most of this kind of playing is rythmically bad-ass, but the tones make it sound like a printer pushed through an extreme low-pass filter.

I'm not saying it sounds like whale farts (to coin a phrase), just that it could sound better! (Of course, it's also the internet, so I'm sure there is no justice being done to the low end).

I'm smelling a lot of Old in this thread, too, and I ain't no spring chicken. redface.gif

• Members

This place is so old with guys hating on 8 strings! There are few things as grandiose as flying over an arpeggio that uses all 7 or 8 strings and several position shifts.

Gives us more of a piano like range to show off our technical and melodic abilities. How is more of anything bad?

Derek

Archived