Who's had/played a Duncan Invader?

Chrisjd

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Damn. this guitar is gonna be in C or B. I'am gonna pass on the invader.

I would. It can get muddy in those tunings. It's awesome for D to standard tuning though. I like the distortions for those tunings you're after but it does have that searing top end to it. I just eq that out though.

• Members

I think they dont get mentioned much because noobs play them, and make them sound like {censored}, so people dont give them a chance in the right guitar. I tried one in a mahogany guitar, and it was mud city. I imagine, itd be SIGNIFICANTLY better in an alder.

• Members

I had one in a LTD MH and I liked it. Everyone mentions the bass, but people fail to mention the massive mids that pickup has. It is like having a permanent tubesreamer always turned on.

As far as the bass, it just depends on how tight you expect your tone....

• Members

I have done this to tame some of the bite on my bridge pickups, and it has helped me out.

tele3way.jpg

What I am talking about is using a resistor on the bridge pickup portion on the selector switch like in the diagram. This worked great for my Yamaha RGX-620Z and my Tele with Wilde L290/L280 pickups...

Cole

• Members

I have done this to tame some of the bite on my bridge pickups, and it has helped me out.

tele3way.jpg

What I am talking about is using a resistor on the bridge pickup portion on the selector switch like in the diagram. This worked great for my Yamaha RGX-620Z and my Tele with Wilde L290/L280 pickups...

Cole

That's really cool, and if i was electrically inclined i would try this, but I am too lazy.

• Members

That's really cool, and if i was electrically inclined i would try this, but I am too lazy.

I totally understand. I love trying to get my sound, but damn, sometimes I hate dragging out my soldering gear to do it. I think it is a space thing for me mostly, if I had enough room to have a constant setup for my soldering station/desk I probably wouldn't hate doing it so much.

One day, when I am ahead of the game, I will have my work space. Like a nice garage or something....

Cole

• Members

I had one in a strat years ago. Hated it. I put it in my Gibson (alder body/ebony fretboard) and it wasn't to bad. The downside was that it was to hot...overpowered my amp and terrible clean tones. I think it is better for higher tunings..I much prefer the sh6. Sh8 has good harmonics though..

• Members

UPDATE: I didn't know this but I love mine. Again, it's in this skinny little Kramer with no girth on its own. This pickup is so thick. Like... Hardtail thick. Leads are thick and juicy. Lows are kinda muddy but real thick. Might make a great ash body pickup. Definitely not for mahogany guitars. Made me realize that I actually love that guitar.

Took a video on my phone, I'll try to upload it somehow, not sure how yet.

Okay gotta go love you guise. ALSO IM STILL SICK SO {censored}

• Members

alright, only bumping because I actually made a video and it actually proves that I play guitar.

Filmed with my phone. Didn't put any thought or warm up into what I was playing just noodled, didn't even adjust my amp settings.

You can hear how thick this thing is, it's pretty wild. Cool for leads on this guitar, but gets muddy with just about anything else.

Archived