School shooting today in Conn.

SnowStorm

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by knucklefux

View Post

why is it so easy for these whackos to get into the buildings?

if this guy's plan was to go in and kill as many people as he could and then off himself, the presence of a gun wouldn't matter because he could just as easily do a suicide bomb.

oh, and i'm with everyone else that can't fathom this tragedy. i simply can't imagine being in a place where killing a bunch of kindergartners is a possibility.

I think the answer is that there is no answer. When things like this happen, everyone's first instinct is to try to find a way to fix it. The problem is that what you're trying to fix is destructive human nature, and that's like trying to keep the sun from rising in the morning. Evil people will do things like this, probably for as long as the human race is around. The only way to truly stop it is to imprison everyone on earth so that they physically cannot hurt one another, and then you've become worse than the evil you're fighting in the first place. There just isn't an answer.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by OverDriven

View Post

I think the answer is that there is no answer. When things like this happen, everyone's first instinct is to try to find a way to fix it. The problem is that what you're trying to fix is destructive human nature, and that's like trying to keep the sun from rising in the morning. Evil people will do things like this, probably for as long as the human race is around. The only way to truly stop it is to imprison everyone on earth so that they physically cannot hurt one another, and then you've become worse than the evil you're fighting in the first place. There just isn't an answer.

this

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by knucklefux

View Post

why is it so easy for these whackos to get into the buildings?

if this guy's plan was to go in and kill as many people as he could and then off himself, the presence of a gun wouldn't matter because he could just as easily do a suicide bomb.

oh, and i'm with everyone else that can't fathom this tragedy. i simply can't imagine being in a place mentally where killing a bunch of kindergartners is a possibility.

The bolded part. I think they may need stricter security at schools.

• Members

I've been through Newtown a few times since I work in Bridgeport often. I honestly can't imagine what the families of the children are going through. Poor kids, poor families. Why the hell would you shoot innocent children? I can't imagine how terrible the holidays will be for them. I was just out xmas shopping and heard about this, I bet some of those parents were out buying gifts for their kids that might not have made it. I heard all the families were waiting to pickup kids at the firehouse and a few got the worst news possible. My thoughts and prayers go out to them, this is literally the worst thing I've ever heard of.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Phrophus

View Post

A gun control debate cheapens this and makes it appear that you care more about your agenda than about the victims. Regardless of which agenda you're pushing. Now's not the time to drag out your soap box.

I jost pisses me off when shootings like this happen.

And the fact that many of the deaths can and could be prevented.

• Members

View Post

maybe i should have worded it differently...

why wasn't there better security? locked doors, maybe?

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by SnowStorm

View Post

The bolded part. I think they may need stricter security at schools.

Burn the school down. Blow the school up. Wait in the parking lot with an automatic rifle and wait for the kids to pour out at the end of the day. Like I said, for every way you block them, they will find another. Can you really imagine a psychopath bent on killing children going "Oh darn - door is locked. I guess I won't kill these kids after all."?

• Members

Not sure what you weiners are arguing over, but god damn.

Heart goes out to those kids, families. I can't imagine my best friend being killed at school. As a child, in a way, that's your "place." All your friends, your teacher, it's where you spend so much of your time, it's where you grow. Can't imagine what they're feeling now and how this will affect them for years to come.

Just awful frown.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by dparr

View Post

America has no gun control.

This is just sick.

Columbine was a gun free zone. Virginia Tech was a gun free zone. And this school in CT was a gun free zone. 'Gun control' is in place at our schools.

That means everyone there is defenseless...a sitting duck when some lunatic goes on a killing spree.

Why don't you put a sign in your front yard that says 'I have no guns. Guns are bad. Guns kill people.'? Easy--you'd be marking yourself as an easy target for someone who wants to rape, murder, or steal.

That's pretty much what our schools have done. If one or more school employees was carrying, perhaps some innocent lives could have been saved.

Why not just ban public schools? They keep getting kids killed.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by dparr

View Post

This American gun culture needa to come to a end.

Exactly, we shouldn't blame the shooter, it was the gun that walked into that school and shot innocent peoplefacepalm.gif

Let's also get rid of cars, cars kill more people than guns, or fast food, or cigarettes, booze.

Let's just ban everything that could possibly bring harm/death and we'll let you decide for the rest of us what those things arethumb.gif

Maybe, you can ban free speech so we don't have to read your full of {censored} responseswink.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by almightycrunch

View Post

Yup, need to start shooting these guys right in the head when they catch them, {censored} these people, they serve no purpose in society. If you cant be responsible and a positive contributor to society, then off with your head, commit a crime with a weapon, off with your head. go.

I agree to a point, but I really wish they would take these guys alive, for one thing it helps to answer peoples questions, then he should be made to be miserable for the rest of his life, death is too easy.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by MattACaster

View Post

Regardless of how you feel about this issue, this isn't the place for it. This doesn't need to turn into a debate.

Disagree. We're always told it's not the place for it and it's a conversation to have later, but it never happens. We just wait around for the next tragedy and the cycle starts all over again.

• Members

View Post

Burn the school down. Blow the school up. Wait in the parking lot with an automatic rifle and wait for the kids to pour out at the end of the day. Like I said, for every way you block them, they will find another. Can you really imagine a psychopath bent on killing children going "Oh darn - door is locked. I guess I won't kill these kids after all."?

valid point, sadly.

• Members

So sad cry.gif

I went to a high school yesterday where they had to take my picture, and swipe my drivers license to run a background check just to get in the front door. I thought it was kind of crazy, but after events like this, I see more of that coming....

Archived