School shooting today in Conn.

SnowStorm

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by dparr

View Post

The first thing to do is make it as hard to buy and maintain a firearms license and registration as it is for a automobile.

i bet you think 100% of car owners keep their vehicle registration and insurance current too, don't you? snacks.giffacepalm.gif

• Members

View Post

It would be a start.

I bet that more do than gun owners.

I bought a new F150 truck in 2005. I had it for 3 years before I traded it in. I never renewed the registration but kept my insurance current . Never got a ticket/had an issue. snacks.gif

In TX you already have to be licensed to carry in public. I'm getting my CHL over Christmas. What now? snacks.gif I bet I'll see a lot of mentally unstable folks and/or career criminals there, too. thumb.gif

It's clear the basics of all this evades you, and by a wide margin, but please try and keep up.

• Members

View Post

The first thing to do is make it as hard to buy and maintain a firearms license and registration as it is for an automobile.

Yeah....that'll help, because, as we all know, criminals and crazy people strictly obey the law, AND the government always does a perfect job of enforcing it.

It's really hard for a teenager to buy alcohol legally; the laws prohibiting it are quite strict and heavily enforced. As a result, teenagers no longer drink.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Festus

View Post

Yeah....that'll help, because, as we all know, criminals and crazy people strictly obey the law, AND the government always does a perfect job of enforcing it.

It's really hard for a teenager to buy alcohol legally; the laws prohibiting it are quite strict and heavily enforced. As a result, teenagers no longer drink.

Your argument is flawless. love.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by RSBro

View Post

I bought a new F150 truck in 2005. I had it for 3 years before I traded it in. I never renewed the registration but kept my insurance current . Never got a ticket/had an issue. snacks.gif

In TX you already have to be licensed to carry in public. I'm getting my CHL over Christmas. What now? snacks.gif I bet I'll see a lot of mentally unstable folks and/or career criminals there, too. thumb.gif

It's clear the basics of all this evades you, and by a wide margin, but please try and keep up.

It seems that logic evades you.

The right for people to live is much more important than the right for every Tom, Dick and Harry to own a gun for me.

• Members

View Post

The right for people to live is much more important than the right for every Tom, Dick and Harry to own a gun for me.

And? I've never killed anyone with my current or past firearms. snacks.gif

• Members

View Post

nobody cares, {censored} off and play with tempers somewhere else.

• Members

Ive been so busy at work. Leah just texted me and mentioned something about it, and I was all like ??? Then I saw a story and all the FB posts. Holy {censored}ing ballsacks. Its seriously unbelievable. What purpose in the UNIVERSE could POSSIBLY exist for a 24 year old to walk into an elementary school and kill a bunch of kids?? Leahs been in tears all day, and Im on the verge now. I cannot imagine....cannot. Imagine. How these parents are going to deal with this. Im not sure that Id survive something like that as a parent. Holy {censored}.

• Members

With all this Obama gun control bull{censored}, it makes you think if all of these incidences are just a coincidence, or some bigger thing.

What if this guy was an anti-gun nut job that fealt this was the only way to make gun control a bigger deal. Maybe he fealt his life and the life of the children is worth it for what he deems a 'safer society'. Maybe he sees himself as a sleess martyr?

Or maybe I'm just thinking too much about it.

Apologies if this is the wrong time or place to discuss it.

• Members

What's scary, is that stuff like this only gets worse, and happens more & more often.

What's gonna be next ? Sh*t gets more & more crazy as the days go by.

I cant imagine how horrible it must be for the familys of those involved.

Not to mention, how it's gonna f*ck up the children who witnessed it, who survived. that's alot to take in for a kid. I feel horrible for those who survived as well.

• Members

View Post

You're the one who is in need of logic.

Perhaps if one or more Toms, Dicks, and Harry's working at the school had brought guns with them to work, some innocent lives could have been saved.

What you fail to realize is that it's illegal to enter a school and start shooting people. That's right---there are already laws prohibiting it! Guess what? The shooter broke those laws. So why would he (or someone like him) decide at the 11th hour to NOT go on a killing spree just because his guns aren't properly registered?

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by RSBro

View Post

And? I've never killed anyone with my current or past firearms. snacks.gif

That's only because you failed to keep the registration of your guns up to date (as per your truck).

After all, who would ever think of shooting someone with an unregistered firearm?

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Festus

View Post

That's only because you failed to keep the registration of your guns up to date (as per your truck).

After all, who would ever think of shooting someone with an unregistered firearm?

No kidding, right? frown.gif

People have no sensibility anymore.

• Members

View Post

This American gun culture needa to come to a end.

Bob Costas? Is that you???

Seriously, tragic. There is probably no one thing to blame but a series of conditions. Or it could simply be that this guy was flat out crazy. I think one thing is for certain, we need to re-establish what is considered normal behavior and vigilantly be on the lookout for abnormalities.

• Members

Not getting into a gun debate just stating though that guns are unique. If you want to kill someone there are ways to and even if guns didn't exist people would still be killed. But nothing has the ability to kill a very large amount of people quickly as guns do short of massive bombings.

How someone can look in the face of a child and put a bullet in their head is beyond words.

Archived