Hessian3

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Cohn

View Post

I started a business and here's what I can tell you:

-You have really believe in your product or service. Because when you are in front of people making the decision to move forward with you, they'll see right through your bull{censored}. After 2-3 well placed questions, it'll be apparent. I just landed the hugest {censored}ing contract of my life on Monday. My college degree or "passion" didn't matter. I believe what I do and my product. It's very obvious in person.

-Any business is going to require more amounts of time than you have. The start-up clock isn't a 24 hour one- you gotta cram 40 hours worth of {censored} into a 24 hour day. Even then, it's not enough. You won't have the capital to hire a {censored} load of workers so who answers the phone for support? You. Who goes to the post office? You. Who makes the coffee, sweeps the floor, refills the stapler? You. Meanwhile, you're also needed to make sales, execute marketing, improve and redesign the product. Seek capital, etc etc ad nauseum.

-Can you handle doors slammed in your face? Over and over? Will you give up, throw your hands in the air and say {censored} it and quit? This will happen over and over.

-Do you have any sort of social skills? Because HCAF is full of social tards like neloangelo. You have to be able to not only communicate your ideas, your product and corporate culture but also be able to make people like you, have confidence in you AND product.

-Are you connected? Do you know people you can call to get {censored} done? Do you have friends who are in supporting roles to your own business? One of my best friends of 15 years now owns his dads company which I use on a daily basis. This is a plus because if I'm tight, I can float a bill for a week and its no big as he's known me for a longtime.

You sound like you need a hobby, not a business. You're trying to kill time after work. A start up would eat you alive and quite possibly turn a passion into a bag of {censored}.

Imo

Whatever dude. You're 'the man.' I hope they tax the {censored} out of you until you have to fire you're employees.

IMHO

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Cohn

View Post

I started a business and here's what I can tell you:

-You have really believe in your product or service. Because when you are in front of people making the decision to move forward with you, they'll see right through your bull{censored}. After 2-3 well placed questions, it'll be apparent. I just landed the hugest {censored}ing contract of my life on Monday. My college degree or "passion" didn't matter. I believe what I do and my product. It's very obvious in person.

-Any business is going to require more amounts of time than you have. The start-up clock isn't a 24 hour one- you gotta cram 40 hours worth of {censored} into a 24 hour day. Even then, it's not enough. You won't have the capital to hire a {censored} load of workers so who answers the phone for support? You. Who goes to the post office? You. Who makes the coffee, sweeps the floor, refills the stapler? You. Meanwhile, you're also needed to make sales, execute marketing, improve and redesign the product. Seek capital, etc etc ad nauseum.

-Can you handle doors slammed in your face? Over and over? Will you give up, throw your hands in the air and say {censored} it and quit? This will happen over and over.

-Do you have any sort of social skills? Because HCAF is full of social tards like neloangelo. You have to be able to not only communicate your ideas, your product and corporate culture but also be able to make people like you, have confidence in you AND product.

-Are you connected? Do you know people you can call to get {censored} done? Do you have friends who are in supporting roles to your own business? One of my best friends of 15 years now owns his dads company which I use on a daily basis. This is a plus because if I'm tight, I can float a bill for a week and its no big as he's known me for a longtime.

You sound like you need a hobby, not a business. You're trying to kill time after work. A start up would eat you alive and quite possibly turn a passion into a bag of {censored}.

Imo

you just gave me the incentive i need to buy a gun.

i came here to read about small businesses, and i find myself attacked, unprovoked. yes i'm a socialtard, i have a mental disease which causes my social tardation. at this point, you are everyone that has ever done me wrong, and i will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger.

now is the winter of our discontent.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by NeloAngelo

View Post

i came here to read about small businesses, and i find myself attacked, unprovoked. yes i'm a socialtard, i have a mental disease which causes my social tardation. at this point, you are everyone that has ever done me wrong, and i will strike down upon thee with great vengeance.

I don't believe any this. It's been proven you have no emotions.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Hessian3

View Post

I don't believe any this. It's been proven you have no emotions.

yeah, but i am a terminator sent from the future to kill gary cohn, the leader of the human resistance.

i am a cybernetic organism. living tissue over metal endoskeleton.

• Members

Also, you don't need to be smart. You need to have an idea and aggressively pursue it.

It seems to me that "smart people," make the most money working for others by providing a very focused service to a much bigger picture. If you have a bunch of strong, condensed focuses coming together- that big picture becomes the most productive (and profitable).

Owners are more of "dreamers," "idea" people that would rather not be bogged down by the {censored} "smart" people can be hired to take care of.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Elemenope

View Post

It doesn't matter what side I'm on. No matter who is right or wrong most of you are just gonna jump on the RB bandwagon anyways. If half of you actually had a mind of your own this forum might actually be interesting.

Alright man...Serious question time...

Are you ok? Something has drastically changed with you over the past few months. You used to be a really cool poster who could enjoy the fun of this forum. Lately you turn into the "everybody love everybody" hippy kind of thing. That's fine and all, but {censored} man, if you need to talk, PM me. And I'm being completely serious here. No BS, no ribbing, just straight up hope you're ok.

-Bryan

• Members

My business is about 20 months old now and I make an ok living out of it, I started with nothing and built it from the begining.

It's about the environment around you.

How hard you are willing to work.

That it's something people want or need.

And for US ADVERTISING and showing you are a professionally company.

Also make people like you, don't be an asshole.

Sometimes it's good to work with someone who will tell you were you are going wrong and kick your ass when you need it.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by KCTigerChief

View Post

Alright man...Serious question time...

Are you ok? Something has drastically changed with you over the past few months. You used to be a really cool poster who could enjoy the fun of this forum. Lately you turn into the "everybody love everybody" hippy kind of thing. That's fine and all, but {censored} man, if you need to talk, PM me. And I'm being completely serious here. No BS, no ribbing, just straight up hope you're ok.

-Bryan

I think sometimes the asshole thing on this forum can get a bit much now and again. But that's when you walk away for a few weeks and enjoy life in the normal world.

To the OP have you thought about a second job as a small project to see what happens.

I run a business and do a little day trading in my spare time or between jobs. I now make money from both.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Neilrocks25

View Post

I think sometimes the asshole thing on this forum can get a bit much now and again. But that's when you walk away for a few weeks and enjoy life in the normal world.

To the OP have you thought about a second job as a small project to see what happens.

I run a business and do a little day trading in my spare time or between jobs. I now make money from both.

Yeah this whole thing was meant to be something small to do for myself. With hopes of someday turning it into something more.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Hessian3

View Post

Yeah this whole thing was meant to be something small to do for myself. With hopes of someday turning it into something more.

If you're as smart and loaded as dude says you are, I imagine you could just retire early and do nothing.

There you go. Problem {censored}ing solved.

Archived