had to fire 2 employees today

Mike LX-R

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The amount of work you described and being bilingual and being paid 10-12 bucks an hour is an insult and why our country is garbage. Probably why our work ethic is {censored} as well theres no incentive at least not monetarily. Pay people more and watch them work their ass off if their job is threatened because of lazy performance.

• Members

Don't feel bad, we {censored} canned a couple too. Both with many infractions of cell phone abuse, low productivity, just lazy asses to start with. Were given 3 warnings. Sucks, but a lot of firing goes on this time of year. They were decent 35k/yr jobs, but these employees were beyond lazy, horrible punctuality.

• Members

Well that blows. I hated managing people. I took a new job as an individual contributor about a year ago. It's awesome and makes me respect my boss all that much more.

I always thought I could be rock solid but the first time I fired someone my heart sank. Someone needs to do it but not me.

Merry Christmas.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by SexWithRobots

View Post

The amount of work you described and being bilingual and being paid 10-12 bucks an hour is an insult and why our country is garbage. Probably why our work ethic is {censored} as well theres no incentive at least not monetarily. Pay people more and watch them work their ass off if their job is threatened because of lazy performance.

Or don't be a {censored}.

My last job I started at $10/hr. My shift was either at 3am or 5am start time and all I did was hustle huge crates of produce (I was college educated as well, still sucked it up). It not only provided me the drive to succeed and gtfo of that situation but it taught me a lot about myself. Which is exactly what these jobs are- basically an incentive to figure it the {censored} out and to develop yourself from whiny bitch into adult.

The problem is you have a country full of whiny ass bitches that think they should be making 45g/year for {censored} that a highschooler can do. And in CA, you better be bilingual anyways- as a matter of fact, I was out of high school.

It's a sad reality that all these old bitches need to understand (especially the nurses). You have an army of 18 year old Mexican American women coming into the ranks that will out work their asses for 1/3rd the pay.

I see lots of butthurt in the future.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgandy

View Post

Well that blows. I hated managing people. I took a new job as an individual contributor about a year ago. It's awesome and makes me respect my boss all that much more.

I always thought I could be rock solid but the first time I fired someone my heart sank. Someone needs to do it but not me.

Merry Christmas.

Which reminds me, yeah the weak ass biznatch is the smu dude. icon_lol.gif

I hope Fresno state whips that ass

• Members

View Post

Merry Christmas.

A man of my own heart. And that's not gay. Really. it isn't.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by 46&2

View Post

A man of my own heart. And that's not gay. Really. it isn't.

I think it kind of depends on what the worker did (or didn't do) to get fired.

I fired 2 guys in September on the same day. I didn't feel bad about it, still don't.

I think the structure in an office environment makes it worse. All the paperwork and bull{censored} you gotta deal with. Mine was easy. "Youre gone. Here's your check, grab your {censored}, I'll drive you off the field."

idn_smilie.gif

• Members

From what little you've posted, it feels like you're blaming this on a bunch of people except yourself: your HR guy is a lazy pain in the ass (so why is he still there?); the supervisor is showing weakness (so why is she still there?).... basically some of the people that had an actual responsibility to those two people you had to let go let you down, but they are getting off scott free, while the badly managed people have to take the hit.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Cohn

View Post

I think it kind of depends on what the worker did (or didn't do) to get fired.

I fired 2 guys in September on the same day. I didn't feel bad about it, still don't.

I think the structure in an office environment makes it worse. All the paperwork and bull{censored} you gotta deal with. Mine was easy. "Youre gone. Here's your check, grab your {censored}, I'll drive you off the field."

idn_smilie.gif

I didn't fire people that didn't deserve it. It still sucks and nothing to do with hr or the paperwork. I felt just as bad calling the temp agency and telling them certain people weren't working out and to not send the people back. It's too personal for me.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Mike LX-R

View Post

They were both administrative assistants to a pain management practice in the workers compensation industry. They had to do medical assisting type duties on our clinical days, conducting the patients' intake process, drafting a full medical history, history of injury, and subjective complaints in preparation for the initial consultations, provide interpreting during the examination as most of our patient base is Spanish speaking, and a {censored} ton of other front office administrative duties like requesting authorization to insurances, verification of claim status with the insurance and case status with the work comp appeals board, preparing charts and data entry of new referrals, confirm the clinical and OR schedules, schedule pre-operative clearances with an internist, and a bunch of other {censored}.

Sounds like a hillbilly heroin operation on insurance's dime. Good luck not getting arrested. If it does happen to you I guess you know where the bad karma came from.

• Members

View Post

I didn't fire people that didn't deserve it. It still sucks and nothing to do with hr or the paperwork. I felt just as bad calling the temp agency and telling them certain people weren't working out and to not send the people back. It's too personal for me.

Maybe it's just the environment because it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Then again, from what I have seen and experienced the other workers kind of make it easier because they start going bat{censored} crazy if someone is sucking. It becomes very obvious and the workers don't hold back on the offender.

Especially in the summer. Just too goddamn got to be nice. idn_smilie.gif

• Members

View Post

Maybe it's just the environment because it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Then again, from what I have seen and experienced the other workers kind of make it easier because they start going bat{censored} crazy if someone is sucking. It becomes very obvious and the workers don't hold back on the offender.

Especially in the summer. Just too goddamn got to be nice. idn_smilie.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by SexWithRobots

View Post

Hey know it all,

If you really think that is true, you might want to start your own business and reap the benefits of the large increase in productivity you will see when you pay your employees more than the competitors. You will be at a competitive advantage for doing so. Can't fail.

Also, congratulations for thinking of something that no business managers ever think to try.

• Members

The only time people work harder at most jobs is if they are incentive based. Bonuses, commissions, etc. When you dangle the carrot they get motivated. If they are straight up salary or hourly with no real means of higher positions to work towards, they will do just enough to skate.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Cohn

View Post

Or don't be a {censored}.

My last job I started at $10/hr. My shift was either at 3am or 5am start time and all I did was hustle huge crates of produce (I was college educated as well, still sucked it up). It not only provided me the drive to succeed and gtfo of that situation but it taught me a lot about myself. Which is exactly what these jobs are- basically an incentive to figure it the {censored} out and to develop yourself from whiny bitch into adult.

The problem is you have a country full of whiny ass bitches that think they should be making 45g/year for {censored} that a highschooler can do. And in CA, you better be bilingual anyways- as a matter of fact, I was out of high school.

It's a sad reality that all these old bitches need to understand (especially the nurses). You have an army of 18 year old Mexican American women coming into the ranks that will out work their asses for 1/3rd the pay.

I see lots of butthurt in the future.

So why does it always seem like the people that "better themselves" end up doing the least amount of work. If your doing hard work you should be {censored}ing payed well for it whether you went to school for 20 years or not. Some high school kid working his ass off putting in long hours and doing actual good work that he may even enjoy doesn't deserve to be paid well or should work to "better himself"? Some people just aren't cut out for school its the sad truth but these people shouldn't be paid well for working equally as hard as everyone else? Man {censored} you.

Maybe we should just all be executives then no one will have to do the actual work we can all just sit in an office and direct people all day.

Archived