Looks so relic being on a guitar built in 2011

EdgeOfDarkness

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by EdgeOfDarkness

View Post

Looks a bit like someone opened a pop that sprayed on the back of the headstock and forgot to clean the tuners. biggrin.gif

I don't usually like forced-looking relicing, but if someone has a guitar that's not going to make much difference in value and they want to give it a try, I can understand the appeal. But I think there's an art to doing it properly just like painting or staining a guitar, and it may not pan out well though something can be learned from trying. biggrin.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by EdgeOfDarkness

View Post

Looks a bit like someone opened a pop that sprayed on the back of the headstock and forgot to clean the tuners. biggrin.gif

I don't usually like forced-looking relicing, but if someone has a guitar that's not going to make much difference in value and they want to give it a try, I can understand the appeal. But I think there's an art to doing it properly just like painting or staining a guitar, and it may not pan out well though something can be learned from trying. biggrin.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by FastRedPonyCar

View Post

Relic'ing is easily the worst trend to hit the guitar community in a looooong time. I look forward to what my tokai looks like in 30 years. It's already got some "character" and the cool thing is, I know the story behind each one.

This..

• Members

View Post

Relic'ing is easily the worst trend to hit the guitar community in a looooong time. I look forward to what my tokai looks like in 30 years. It's already got some "character" and the cool thing is, I know the story behind each one.

This..

• Members

View Post

Some people just love the look of reliced guitars. It's not really for me but for those that like the look I don't see anything wrong with it if it's done decently.

I know guys that have played their guitars for 20 years and they still don't really look reliced. They have some scratches and dings but not really reliced looking. For people that like that look it's sometimes impossible to get that look through playing.

• Members

View Post

Some people just love the look of reliced guitars. It's not really for me but for those that like the look I don't see anything wrong with it if it's done decently.

I know guys that have played their guitars for 20 years and they still don't really look reliced. They have some scratches and dings but not really reliced looking. For people that like that look it's sometimes impossible to get that look through playing.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by jlb32

View Post

I like the look of relic guitars, i owned one of my zakk wylde les pauls for 11 years and never babied it, i played it all the time but even after 11 yrs it didnt look like a relic, i had to get rid of it because the neck was messed up really bad or i would still be playing it. I guess if i played 4 or 5 shows a week in different climates it might have looked much different. Most of hcaf makes fun of relics but theres still a few people that like it when done correctly.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by jlb32

View Post

I like the look of relic guitars, i owned one of my zakk wylde les pauls for 11 years and never babied it, i played it all the time but even after 11 yrs it didnt look like a relic, i had to get rid of it because the neck was messed up really bad or i would still be playing it. I guess if i played 4 or 5 shows a week in different climates it might have looked much different. Most of hcaf makes fun of relics but theres still a few people that like it when done correctly.

Archived