Looks so relic being on a guitar built in 2011

EdgeOfDarkness

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by Les-Zombie

View Post

I like the look of relic guitars, i owned one of my zakk wylde les pauls for 11 years and never babied it, i played it all the time but even after 11 yrs it didnt look like a relic, i had to get rid of it because the neck was messed up really bad or i would still be playing it. I guess if i played 4 or 5 shows a week in different climates it might have looked much different. Most of hcaf makes fun of relics but theres still a few people that like it when done correctly.

I can like a well done relic. Whatever that dude was doing to his 2011 gibson just looked bad. icon_lol.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Les-Zombie

View Post

I like the look of relic guitars, i owned one of my zakk wylde les pauls for 11 years and never babied it, i played it all the time but even after 11 yrs it didnt look like a relic, i had to get rid of it because the neck was messed up really bad or i would still be playing it. I guess if i played 4 or 5 shows a week in different climates it might have looked much different. Most of hcaf makes fun of relics but theres still a few people that like it when done correctly.

I can like a well done relic. Whatever that dude was doing to his 2011 gibson just looked bad. icon_lol.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Pine Apple Slim

View Post

I like the look if its not overdone.

Like this

63971d1290018309-finally-my-finished-rat

THen after a year or two of natural wear

93100d1313432972t-my-rat-rod-tele-natura

93099d1313432911t-my-rat-rod-tele-natura

How is that 2nd and 3rd picture "natural" wear? How do you get a worn spot on the front horn of the guitar through playing? The back corner looks like it was drug against a brick wall.

IMO someone that takes great care of their guitar but plays the hell out of it will never get a huge amount of the reliced look. Todays thick poly and even more durable nitro finishes just don't wear down easily.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Pine Apple Slim

View Post

I like the look if its not overdone.

Like this

63971d1290018309-finally-my-finished-rat

THen after a year or two of natural wear

93100d1313432972t-my-rat-rod-tele-natura

93099d1313432911t-my-rat-rod-tele-natura

How is that 2nd and 3rd picture "natural" wear? How do you get a worn spot on the front horn of the guitar through playing? The back corner looks like it was drug against a brick wall.

IMO someone that takes great care of their guitar but plays the hell out of it will never get a huge amount of the reliced look. Todays thick poly and even more durable nitro finishes just don't wear down easily.

Archived