i hate car shopping.

NeloAngelo

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by chaos2767

View Post

Im on the fence with buying another truck. My current truck is a Dakota R/T with the 5.9L in it and while it runs like a bat out of hell, everything else is wrong with it. I figure that the money I am spending, keeping it running every month is the same as a car payment.

but if you had a car payment - you would have a new car.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by chaos2767

View Post

Im on the fence with buying another truck. My current truck is a Dakota R/T with the 5.9L in it and while it runs like a bat out of hell, everything else is wrong with it. I figure that the money I am spending, keeping it running every month is the same as a car payment.

but if you had a car payment - you would have a new car.

• Members

Bought a used truck from a dealership a few months back and for once it was an easy experience. Before buying it, i went over it with a fine tooth comb and found a short list of issues I wanted taken care of. they fixed everything no questions asked. Didn't try to sell me any extras I didn't need, and the negotiations on price were more than fair since I had 4 dealerships in a price battle. In the end they didn't profit much from the sale. I hope it's this easy the NEXT time I walk into a dealership.

Best of luck to you.

• Members

Bought a used truck from a dealership a few months back and for once it was an easy experience. Before buying it, i went over it with a fine tooth comb and found a short list of issues I wanted taken care of. they fixed everything no questions asked. Didn't try to sell me any extras I didn't need, and the negotiations on price were more than fair since I had 4 dealerships in a price battle. In the end they didn't profit much from the sale. I hope it's this easy the NEXT time I walk into a dealership.

Best of luck to you.

• Members

Man...sucks for you guys. When I bought my element in 2004, I went to a small dealership...guy had maybe 10 cars. He posted on CL. It was such a great experience. I went in there, test drove it, told him I wanted to buy it. Filled out some paper work. He got me financing through a credit union. Went there, filled out some papers. They gave me a check. Went back to the dealership. Gave him the check. Drove away in my new car. It was awesome. Super easy. Ive had the car for 4.5 year at this point, and the only issue I had when I first got it was it needed new tires (which was worked out in the price of the car), and about a month after I had it, the belt snapped, which was my fault for not getting it checked to begin with. Otherwise, its been all maintenance stuff...oil and fluid changes, just got new tires again a year ago, that kinda {censored}.

• Members

Man...sucks for you guys. When I bought my element in 2004, I went to a small dealership...guy had maybe 10 cars. He posted on CL. It was such a great experience. I went in there, test drove it, told him I wanted to buy it. Filled out some paper work. He got me financing through a credit union. Went there, filled out some papers. They gave me a check. Went back to the dealership. Gave him the check. Drove away in my new car. It was awesome. Super easy. Ive had the car for 4.5 year at this point, and the only issue I had when I first got it was it needed new tires (which was worked out in the price of the car), and about a month after I had it, the belt snapped, which was my fault for not getting it checked to begin with. Otherwise, its been all maintenance stuff...oil and fluid changes, just got new tires again a year ago, that kinda {censored}.

• Members

I just went through this process last spring. I used craigslist. There are great deals on there and a whole lot more really {censored}ty ones as well. You can get a good car at a good price, but you have to be johnny on the spot to notify the seller. I know here in the burbs of chicago there are used car dealerships trolling CL trying to get any car that is good, buy it, and mark it up on their lot. IMHO, don't even start looking until you have the cash in hand. Any used car on CL that is worth a damn and is priced right, will move quick. good luck! thumb.gif

• Members

I just went through this process last spring. I used craigslist. There are great deals on there and a whole lot more really {censored}ty ones as well. You can get a good car at a good price, but you have to be johnny on the spot to notify the seller. I know here in the burbs of chicago there are used car dealerships trolling CL trying to get any car that is good, buy it, and mark it up on their lot. IMHO, don't even start looking until you have the cash in hand. Any used car on CL that is worth a damn and is priced right, will move quick. good luck! thumb.gif

• Members

Most of my car buying experiences I've been pretty indifferent too. I could definitely feel the sales guys pressuring but I didn't walk away with anything I was unhappy about. About a year ago when I bought my last car, however, was actually a pleasure. The sales guy and everyone else at the dealer was super nice and helpful. Walked away with a car I love and at a price that was less than the other dealers gave.

My Dad has some very entertaining stories about his couple of experiences at the Toyota dealership he bought his cars at. Mostly around the sales people never actually wanting to give him a price for the cars he wanted.

• Members

Most of my car buying experiences I've been pretty indifferent too. I could definitely feel the sales guys pressuring but I didn't walk away with anything I was unhappy about. About a year ago when I bought my last car, however, was actually a pleasure. The sales guy and everyone else at the dealer was super nice and helpful. Walked away with a car I love and at a price that was less than the other dealers gave.

My Dad has some very entertaining stories about his couple of experiences at the Toyota dealership he bought his cars at. Mostly around the sales people never actually wanting to give him a price for the cars he wanted.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by sleewell

View Post

I love car shopping, you don't get to buy that many cars in a lifetime. Picking up the e class later this month, can't wait.

ballin thumb.gif

if i get this new jerb closer to home imma trade in my ride for a year or so old F150 though. it's been weird not having a truck lol.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by sleewell

View Post

I love car shopping, you don't get to buy that many cars in a lifetime. Picking up the e class later this month, can't wait.

ballin thumb.gif

if i get this new jerb closer to home imma trade in my ride for a year or so old F150 though. it's been weird not having a truck lol.

Archived