NeloAngelo

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by NeloAngelo

View Post

i'm not even asking for any advice, or even asking a question. freak.gif

you don't gotta lie to kick it Nelo. we've come to accept you as you are. you wouldn't post a thread like this unless you wanted suggestions/advice cop.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by NeloAngelo

View Post

i'm not even asking for any advice, or even asking a question. freak.gif

you don't gotta lie to kick it Nelo. we've come to accept you as you are. you wouldn't post a thread like this unless you wanted suggestions/advice cop.gif

• Members

I'll be shopping for a car in September.

It'll be a Ford f250 or 350 with the diesel.

The only issue I'm having is whether to go XLT or King Ranch.

I'd do the KR, but I know the truck is going to have the ever living {censored} beat out of it. The fine leather of the KR is kind of a waste when there will be all kinds of muddy ass in and out of the truck.

Maybe one day when I'm a Baus boss (IE not in the field as much), I'll do the KR.

RSBro, y u hang like wizard sleeve with the 150?

• Members

I'd do the KR, but I know the truck is going to have the ever living {censored} beat out of it. The fine leather of the KR is kind of a waste when there will be all kinds of muddy ass in and out of the truck.

Maybe one day when I'm a Baus boss (IE not in the field as much), I'll do the KR.

• Members

Well I felt I just had to chime in; I've been shopping for a commuter car for a couple of weeks and finding it a little difficult.

First, private sellers don't seem to have the first clue about their car's value. They quick to deny test-drives saying they "don't want boy racer test pilots" turning up, which would be understandable if I had a backwards baseball cap on, which I don't. But they're for the most part in denial about depreciation. Vauxhall and Ford owners seem to be the worst. I've had some sticking true to their guns despite showing adverts of other lower mileage or newer cars at dealers for less than theirs and with a warranty. I give up on private sellers.

However, the dealers are up to some right unscrupulous tactics. I was set to pick an Astra up after a test drive went well. However, the MOT cert clearly stated "Advisory Issued: Yes". The staple marks in the top right corner were there, which logic dictates that an advisory was issue with the certificate. Yes? Well, not according to the salesman who professed that this was simply indicating that an emissions report was included and THAT'S what was stapled to the original cert.... er... yeah, cuz I've never ever had a car MOT'd before and have no idea what I'm looking at, right?

Add to that a lot of the service history looked like it had been filled in by the same bloke with different pens, all stamped with the same dealer service stamp all very conveniently in time too? Hmmmm.... something smells fishy.

Sadly, that wasn't an isolated incident. Who knew that spending

• Members

Well I felt I just had to chime in; I've been shopping for a commuter car for a couple of weeks and finding it a little difficult.

First, private sellers don't seem to have the first clue about their car's value. They quick to deny test-drives saying they "don't want boy racer test pilots" turning up, which would be understandable if I had a backwards baseball cap on, which I don't. But they're for the most part in denial about depreciation. Vauxhall and Ford owners seem to be the worst. I've had some sticking true to their guns despite showing adverts of other lower mileage or newer cars at dealers for less than theirs and with a warranty. I give up on private sellers.

However, the dealers are up to some right unscrupulous tactics. I was set to pick an Astra up after a test drive went well. However, the MOT cert clearly stated "Advisory Issued: Yes". The staple marks in the top right corner were there, which logic dictates that an advisory was issue with the certificate. Yes? Well, not according to the salesman who professed that this was simply indicating that an emissions report was included and THAT'S what was stapled to the original cert.... er... yeah, cuz I've never ever had a car MOT'd before and have no idea what I'm looking at, right?

Add to that a lot of the service history looked like it had been filled in by the same bloke with different pens, all stamped with the same dealer service stamp all very conveniently in time too? Hmmmm.... something smells fishy.

Sadly, that wasn't an isolated incident. Who knew that spending

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Mike LX-R

View Post

i already know what i want and what price range i want to be in.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Mike LX-R

View Post

i already know what i want and what price range i want to be in.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Cohn

View Post

i always wanted a badass KR F250 or something until my dad got one. i fkn hated that truck. he now has a '13 F150 Lariat he likes way better.

also in your sitch i'd recommend the XLT. it's not as baus as the KR but like you said, if you're actually using it and not just going to the mall and grocery like RSBro would, you're gonna fk up that nice interior and on the quick. thumb.gif

• Members

View Post

i always wanted a badass KR F250 or something until my dad got one. i fkn hated that truck. he now has a '13 F150 Lariat he likes way better.

also in your sitch i'd recommend the XLT. it's not as baus as the KR but like you said, if you're actually using it and not just going to the mall and grocery like RSBro would, you're gonna fk up that nice interior and on the quick. thumb.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by RSBro

View Post

What was the deal with the F250?

I've heard horror stories on the Diesel engines, but apparently with this last engine design they've alleviated any and all issues.

Still have to deal with the piss tank/urea thing though.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by RSBro

View Post

I've heard horror stories on the Diesel engines, but apparently with this last engine design they've alleviated any and all issues.

• Members

View Post

it's just such a PITA as a daily driver around town. you can't park it anywhere, it wouldn't fit in my garage, it's just a chore to get in and drive in the suburban jungle where i live icon_lol.gif. i mean once you get it out and on the road it's baus bc you can leap Scion XB's in a single bound, but yeah. having driven his extensively, i wouldn't buy one for me right now. i know your situation is diff tho. my Papa only ever had F250's out on the farm. thumb.gif

Archived