i hate car shopping.

NeloAngelo

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Cohn

View Post

What was the deal with the F250?

I've heard horror stories on the Diesel engines, but apparently with this last engine design they've alleviated any and all issues.

Still have to deal with the piss tank/urea thing though.

it's just such a PITA as a daily driver around town. you can't park it anywhere, it wouldn't fit in my garage, it's just a chore to get in and drive in the suburban jungle where i live icon_lol.gif. i mean once you get it out and on the road it's baus bc you can leap Scion XB's in a single bound, but yeah. having driven his extensively, i wouldn't buy one for me right now. i know your situation is diff tho. my Papa only ever had F250's out on the farm. thumb.gif

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm keeping my Mazda 3 to run around town in. Pretty much for the exact reasons you mention. I was meeting with a buyer in the Bay Area a couple weeks ago and the parking lot stalls were barely big enough for my Mazda. freak.gif

I don't know how I could have parked ford truck there. Would have been no way.

• Members

I'm keeping my Mazda 3 to run around town in. Pretty much for the exact reasons you mention. I was meeting with a buyer in the Bay Area a couple weeks ago and the parking lot stalls were barely big enough for my Mazda. freak.gif

• Members

View Post

yeah if you have something else to zip around in, i'd say go for it then. cool.gif

i wish they still made Excursions. i'd have the diesel one and drive over every curb in sight! love.gif

• Members

View Post

yeah if you have something else to zip around in, i'd say go for it then. cool.gif

i wish they still made Excursions. i'd have the diesel one and drive over every curb in sight! love.gif

• Members

View Post

• Members

View Post

• Members

View Post

I've heard horror stories on the Diesel engines, but apparently with this last engine design they've alleviated any and all issues.

That was likely the 6.0 you've heard about.

7.3, SOLID. I dunno if they've started using different diesel engines now tho. We don't typically get anything newer than about 4-5 years old, so I don't know much about that cry.gif

• Members

View Post

That was likely the 6.0 you've heard about.

7.3, SOLID. I dunno if they've started using different diesel engines now tho. We don't typically get anything newer than about 4-5 years old, so I don't know much about that cry.gif

• Members

I recently bought a 2013 Kia Optima and last year we bought my lady a 2012 Kia Sorrento with the 3rd row so we could fit us and our 4 boys. I can't say enough good things about the newer Kias. Great cars with the right sticker price, best warranty, and they retain their value these days almost as well as Honda/Toyota. Seriously you can't go wrong, as long as you don't mind it being a Kia.

• Members

I recently bought a 2013 Kia Optima and last year we bought my lady a 2012 Kia Sorrento with the 3rd row so we could fit us and our 4 boys. I can't say enough good things about the newer Kias. Great cars with the right sticker price, best warranty, and they retain their value these days almost as well as Honda/Toyota. Seriously you can't go wrong, as long as you don't mind it being a Kia.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Mike LX-R

View Post

Jezza sez:

jeremy-clarksonb.jpg

icon_lol.gif

• Members

View Post

Jezza sez:

jeremy-clarksonb.jpg

icon_lol.gif

• Members

View Post

I do mind. Greatly.

• Members

View Post

I do mind. Greatly.

• Members

I find that knowing exactly what you want and knowing exactly what you're willing to pay for it takes a lot of the pain out of buying. I learned many years ago that I have no desire to have any dialogue with a car salesmen other than "that's what I want and this is what I'll spend."

If anybody wants to punch someone in the face, it's probably the sales guy wanting to punch mine because I'm mostly inflexible when it comes to buying.

• Members

I find that knowing exactly what you want and knowing exactly what you're willing to pay for it takes a lot of the pain out of buying. I learned many years ago that I have no desire to have any dialogue with a car salesmen other than "that's what I want and this is what I'll spend."

If anybody wants to punch someone in the face, it's probably the sales guy wanting to punch mine because I'm mostly inflexible when it comes to buying.

Archived