New EVH Combos and guitars

madrigal77

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by fridgit

View Post

The power scaling thing is cool but kinda pisses me off that they didn't already have that on the heads.

{censored} EVH

LOL. Well, they keep adding features with every new model. The 50w got MIDI, and now the combo gets power scaling. I say make a 100w with MIDI and power scaling wink.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by fridgit

View Post

The power scaling thing is cool but kinda pisses me off that they didn't already have that on the heads.

{censored} EVH

LOL. Well, they keep adding features with every new model. The 50w got MIDI, and now the combo gets power scaling. I say make a 100w with MIDI and power scaling wink.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by madrigal77

View Post

+1

I'd be all over that. Next thing you know they'll come out with a 50w head with a separate volume control for the clean channel.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by madrigal77

View Post

+1

I'd be all over that. Next thing you know they'll come out with a 50w head with a separate volume control for the clean channel.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by shane159

View Post

I wonder how many Rig Talk guys will swear it is the best amp eva while they hack through the same tired ass Van Halen riffs on Youtube?

No, no... Us Rig Talk guys swear by Diezel, Cameron, Friedman amps, not something as civilian as a 5150.

Quote Originally Posted by sahlomonic

View Post

What did the EVH Charvels go for when they were out a few years ago? Anyone remember? $900 for one of those new ones doesn't seem outrageous; may look into one idn_smilie.gif

Were the Charvel EVH guitars basswood too?

The Charvel EVH art series were basswood with no top. The neck shape was different/ smaller from a typical Charvel San Dimas. I think they sold for around $2400 originally. There were also the Charvel's Ed painted, which sold for upwards of $15K

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by shane159

View Post

I wonder how many Rig Talk guys will swear it is the best amp eva while they hack through the same tired ass Van Halen riffs on Youtube?

No, no... Us Rig Talk guys swear by Diezel, Cameron, Friedman amps, not something as civilian as a 5150.

Quote Originally Posted by sahlomonic

View Post

What did the EVH Charvels go for when they were out a few years ago? Anyone remember? $900 for one of those new ones doesn't seem outrageous; may look into one idn_smilie.gif

Were the Charvel EVH guitars basswood too?

The Charvel EVH art series were basswood with no top. The neck shape was different/ smaller from a typical Charvel San Dimas. I think they sold for around $2400 originally. There were also the Charvel's Ed painted, which sold for upwards of $15K

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Urban Ghandi

View Post

84lbs for the combo!

Phuck, can't they make these things weigh less?

Yes they can. They surely can. Several brands have super light cabs and heads. Brunetti, dv mark, hell even the 5150 mk III 50 watt is super light. Some do it although for 2x12? I wonder if the cabs are closed back.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Urban Ghandi

View Post

84lbs for the combo!

Phuck, can't they make these things weigh less?

Yes they can. They surely can. Several brands have super light cabs and heads. Brunetti, dv mark, hell even the 5150 mk III 50 watt is super light. Some do it although for 2x12? I wonder if the cabs are closed back.

• Members

Id be interested to try it, but I doubt itll get the tone that I know and love from my 5150 combo. Ive played the 5153 many times, and it doesnt compare, IMO. Still interested icon_lol.gif Also, you probably wont be able to find those for 400 used for a LOOOOONG time lol.

• Members

Id be interested to try it, but I doubt itll get the tone that I know and love from my 5150 combo. Ive played the 5153 many times, and it doesnt compare, IMO. Still interested icon_lol.gif Also, you probably wont be able to find those for 400 used for a LOOOOONG time lol.

Archived