What was the crappiest sounding amp you've owned?

TU BE

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The other guitarist has a 100 watt TSL, and he just can't work an EQ to save his balls. He sets it up for the first time, opens her up with the typical metal setup of that he loves (10/0/10) and it was eek.gif I seriously thought something was wrong with it.

When he hit the head, me and drummer adjusted his settings, he comes back and has this look on his face like he just blew a load in his pants and says, "I love how great Marshalls sound once their tubes really warm up!"

Derek

• Members

The other guitarist has a 100 watt TSL, and he just can't work an EQ to save his balls. He sets it up for the first time, opens her up with the typical metal setup of that he loves (10/0/10) and it was eek.gif I seriously thought something was wrong with it.

When he hit the head, me and drummer adjusted his settings, he comes back and has this look on his face like he just blew a load in his pants and says, "I love how great Marshalls sound once their tubes really warm up!"

Derek

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by MattACaster

View Post

Probably my Crate GX-15. First amp I ever owned. It's my living room jam amp.

I have the 15R version. Same but with a reverb.

...and it's not even remotedly close to worst sounding tiny SS guitar amps I've encountered. That one actually has a very good clean tone and a decent OD tone.

When you know how to dial it in properly, and when you have good chops.

I better put my "first amp syndrome" -filter on right now.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by MattACaster

View Post

Probably my Crate GX-15. First amp I ever owned. It's my living room jam amp.

I have the 15R version. Same but with a reverb.

...and it's not even remotedly close to worst sounding tiny SS guitar amps I've encountered. That one actually has a very good clean tone and a decent OD tone.

When you know how to dial it in properly, and when you have good chops.

I better put my "first amp syndrome" -filter on right now.

Archived