What was the crappiest sounding amp you've owned?

TU BE

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by gtrplyr60 View Post
Same as OP.
What a dry, brittle, lifeless turd this thing was.

VINTAGE-DEAN-MARKLEY-AMPLIFIER-K-75-1.jp
YES! That {censored}ty yellow/tan color combo brings back memories.

Quote Originally Posted by Phrophus View Post
Peavey Studio Pro 112....honestly, I wish it still worked cuz it'd be useful for practicking, and it really doesn't sound too bad.
My Studio Pro is one of my favorites. It can be tweaked into one hell of a nice recording sound.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Quote Originally Posted by gtrplyr60 View Post
Same as OP.
What a dry, brittle, lifeless turd this thing was.

VINTAGE-DEAN-MARKLEY-AMPLIFIER-K-75-1.jp
YES! That {censored}ty yellow/tan color combo brings back memories.

Quote Originally Posted by Phrophus View Post
Peavey Studio Pro 112....honestly, I wish it still worked cuz it'd be useful for practicking, and it really doesn't sound too bad.
My Studio Pro is one of my favorites. It can be tweaked into one hell of a nice recording sound.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by nightflameauto

View Post

Don't get me wrong. I actually like the amp. It's just the {censored}tiest sounding one I've ever owned.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by nightflameauto

View Post

Don't get me wrong. I actually like the amp. It's just the {censored}tiest sounding one I've ever owned.

• Members

I don't even know what model it was. When I was about 12, and was just started playing, my parents got me a matching Kay guitar and little amp combo. Even at the time I knew it sounded like badly routed ass. Guitar wasn't even wired or grounded correctly. After a few minutes of playing, my fingers would start to tingle, then go numb, because there was a small amount of current flowing through the strings. icon_lol.gif

• Members

I don't even know what model it was. When I was about 12, and was just started playing, my parents got me a matching Kay guitar and little amp combo. Even at the time I knew it sounded like badly routed ass. Guitar wasn't even wired or grounded correctly. After a few minutes of playing, my fingers would start to tingle, then go numb, because there was a small amount of current flowing through the strings. icon_lol.gif

• Members

I didn't technically own it, but I did have one amp that sounded worse than the Dean. It was a Sears amp my uncle purchased back when he was a late teen/early twenties something along with a guitar. It sounded fine at really low volumes, but turn it up and it got the nastiest, rattiest, {censored}tiest driven tone ever heard. Just ass-tastic in every possible way. And it thinned out to where it was basically nails on a chalkboard with a faint hint of pitch behind it. *SHUDDER* And even full-on it was quiet enough you could talk over it. A 2x12 tube amp that you could talk over.

Looked awesome though. Big silver ringed speakers shining through a hazy silvery grillcloth, surrounded by black with a dark grey faceplate. No name anywhere to be found. Just something about Sears on the back of it.

• Members

I didn't technically own it, but I did have one amp that sounded worse than the Dean. It was a Sears amp my uncle purchased back when he was a late teen/early twenties something along with a guitar. It sounded fine at really low volumes, but turn it up and it got the nastiest, rattiest, {censored}tiest driven tone ever heard. Just ass-tastic in every possible way. And it thinned out to where it was basically nails on a chalkboard with a faint hint of pitch behind it. *SHUDDER* And even full-on it was quiet enough you could talk over it. A 2x12 tube amp that you could talk over.

Looked awesome though. Big silver ringed speakers shining through a hazy silvery grillcloth, surrounded by black with a dark grey faceplate. No name anywhere to be found. Just something about Sears on the back of it.

• Members

a dumble...totally sucked balls, no brootz.

Seriously, a rogue 30 watt amp. It's the only brand I've messed with that I can say I recommend against. The sound was thin a brittle from what I remember and it had really harsh gain.

• Members

a dumble...totally sucked balls, no brootz.

Seriously, a rogue 30 watt amp. It's the only brand I've messed with that I can say I recommend against. The sound was thin a brittle from what I remember and it had really harsh gain.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Murdoch

View Post

I wish I could rig all the guitars at GC to do this. Last time I was in there I came pretty close to choking this scene kid who cranked up the most craptastic line 6 chainsaw tone and played chug riffs with the guitar badly out of tune.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Murdoch

View Post

I wish I could rig all the guitars at GC to do this. Last time I was in there I came pretty close to choking this scene kid who cranked up the most craptastic line 6 chainsaw tone and played chug riffs with the guitar badly out of tune.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by TU BE View Post
THIS!

Not to mention the ZW wannabe's doing squeelies OVER and OVERmad.giffacepalm.gifcop.gif

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by TU BE View Post
THIS!

Not to mention the ZW wannabe's doing squeelies OVER and OVERmad.giffacepalm.gifcop.gif

Archived