I'm just going to say it: Orianthi sucks!

satannica

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Whether or not cords and amps are connected, with a few exceptions such as Rush's Limelight, I'm pretty sure videos with instruments being played in them are syncing/posing for videos and are not the actual audio tracks being recorded in progress.
:idk:

Agreed and lol on their prancing, though.
:D

This is exactly the point that flew over Repner's empty head, videos like that without the little "details" taken care of.

• Members

If you're going to get that upset about missing cables in music videos, you should probably avoid them in the future. you'll find this isn't new

Some people just search for things to whine about

• Members

I mean really!

That's just terrible. Really! Some of my students have played Voodoo Child with their school bands and put 10x more soul into it than Orianthi.

So let's just admit it. If she wasn't blond with nice tits and a PRS strapped to her, she'd get barely 1/4 of the attention she gets, right?

Disagree completely. While she wasn't channeling Jimi that was better than 99% of us could do. If she sucks then I'm glad that ignorance is bliss because it would probably depress me to the point of not even having fun with the guitar.

• Members

I think people are too hard on her. Not trying to be an ass but she easily plays better than most guys here... and she's a chick. That playing was solid which is all I care about.

I probably should have read through what's an already long thread before posting my first reply. Exactly, that was good regardless of whether it's a male or female. Plus, there's no way she "sucks" having gotten the gig with Michael Jackson. That just doesn't/didn't happen.

• Members

I think people are too hard on her. Not trying to be an ass but she easily plays better than most guys here... and she's a chick. That playing was solid which is all I care about.

This. Will easily admit that she plays better than me!

• Members

Are there better female guitarists out there? Most definitely. Why is she more recognized than most of them? Because she or someone working for her is doing a better job of marketing her. For better or worse the mainstream music industry is based on more than just talent and ability.

• Members

I wasn't talking about Karl - I was talking about Eddie. Don't know Karl?

He's a local drummer I've known since the early '90s and is a cool dude. At least based on what a friend told me, he'd previously been in the band. I need to find out what band he's in now.

• Members

That's just terrible. Really! Some of my students have played Voodoo Child with their school bands and put 10x more soul into it than Orianthi.

So let's just admit it. If she wasn't blond with nice tits and a PRS strapped to her, she'd get barely 1/4 of the attention she gets, right?

by the way -- that didn't suck, maybe you're jealous ????? looks & can play !!! :lol::lol:

• Members

Are there better female guitarists out there? Most definitely. Why is she more recognized than most of them? Because she or someone working for her is doing a better job of marketing her. For better or worse the mainstream music industry is based on more than just talent and ability.

It's not who ya know it's who ya blow.

• Members

She's good. Not great, but good. I wasn't all, "Wow, that really blew my mind." More like, "Wow, her voice doesn't fit this song at all."

...but THIS guy...plays behind his back...and breaks a string...

[video=youtube;purPKiG5__A]

It's really tough to be able to play 'behind' the beat. It's (apparently) really hard to do anything but play 16th note pentatonic runs. But SRV...man...he wrote the BOOK on feeling, sir.

• Members

Stop being spitefull, she's attractive and that carries a lot of weight.

Just saying at least she's doing something, not just laying back and getting it handed to her by a bunch of miserable spineless men.

Yeah, we should give more credit to something than it deserves based on looks and the fact that at least they aren't as bad as some other people. Way to set the bar. I'm not even commenting on her, just your ridiculous premise.

• Members

This is exactly the point that flew over Repner's empty head, videos like that without the little "details" taken care of.

I don't think so. The point was taken, it's just that everyone knows the performance isn't what's being heard and that there's leeway for artistic freedom in how the video is shot. Whether it's a mistake or done for looks it's an irrelevant thing to pick on.

• Members

Orianthi seem to have decent chops (definitely better than me), though Voodoo Chile is definitely not her best, IMO.

While we're on the subject of female guitar players, heres my favourite:

[video=youtube;SGGEFax0HeU]

• Members

Disagree completely. While she wasn't channeling Jimi that was better than 99% of us could do. If she sucks then I'm glad that ignorance is bliss because it would probably depress me to the point of not even having fun with the guitar.

If that's better than you could do, then you need lessons! Not being an arse, but that was crap!

• Members

If that's better than you could do, then you need lessons! Not being an arse, but that was crap!

That is actually EXACTLY being an arse. Ever notice how most musicians that are worth a damn with very few exceptions don't go around actively bad mouthing their fellow players, especially ones more successful than them? Might want to sit back and take note.

• Members

If you're going to get that upset about missing cables in music videos, you should probably avoid them in the future. you'll find this isn't new

Some people just search for things to whine about

who said I was upset? You? So you're a shrink now? amazing the people who come to play at HC.... :rolleyes:

stfu n00b!

• Members

That is actually EXACTLY being an arse. Ever notice how most musicians that are worth a damn with very few exceptions don't go around actively bad mouthing their fellow players, especially ones more successful than them? Might want to sit back and take note.

Well some things come down to taste, liking the specific version one guitarist did with a song or not liking it etc. But orianthi can {censored}ing play and definately doesn't suck. It is simple as that. Wether you like what she does or not certainly doesn't make it crap.

I mean have you heard Steve Vai playing al di meola (not to mention he made a duet with orianthi!)? I love the guy, most of his songs but ok, I don't personally think it is his greatest moment. Does he suck?...

And I agree bad mouthing a 1000000000 (not enough zeros) x times more succesfull musician than "insert anybody's name on this forum here" is kind of pointless.

• Members

inevitably: do a recording of your own version, and we can all judge for ourselves :cop:

Archived