World's worst guitar amplifier

Edward Yawn

• Members

Pretty much any solid state 10 - 15 watt "practice" amp. They're all really bad.

Line 6 stuff is pretty bad, as are the Vox modeling amps.

As far as overrated tube amps...

The Fender Hot Rods are very mediocre.

And the Mesa Boogie Stilleto is just plain terrible. Nothing like grainy, spitty distortion on a $1500 amp.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by Megadeth7684

How about Jonathan Martin?

NO WAY. Did Jonathan Martin design every US dollar bill and put himself on the $10,000. Nope. Salmon Portland Chase did though.

What kind of a person designs the currency, then puts his own face on the highest bill? Only a rockstar like Salmon Chase

• Members

Originally posted by JonathanD

NO WAY. Did Jonathan Martin design every US dollar bill and put himself on the $10,000. Nope. Salmon Portland Chase did though.

What kind of a person designs the currency, then puts his own face on the highest bill? Only a rockstar like Salmon Chase

Yes, you're right. That sissy listens to Aslee Simpson. :eek:

• Members

Peavey XXX.

I tried some random guitars with it in the shop, and didn't know the price of the head. I thought I was playing some 300-400$ SS entry-level head, and found it amusing that it was hooked to a 4x12 cab. Then I saw the price tag... LOL

• Members

Originally posted by Nacher

Peavey XXX.

I tried some random guitars with it in the shop, and didn't know the price of the head. I thought I was playing some 300-400$ SS entry-level head, and found it amusing that it was hooked to a 4x12 cab. Then I saw the price tag... LOL

It's a $900 feedback machine.

• Members

Gorilla

+1

I had three of them when i was like 15 and they were terrible. The second one crapped out on me after just a couple of hours of playing. Got a free replacement then sold it.

Some Crates are not far behind. I have a GLX 2x12 combo and the clean channel is the only usable channel on it.

• Members

Worst Solid State Amp I have played:

Rogue 2x12 Combo - I forget the model number, but this thing sounded like it needed to be dropped off of the top of a large building.

Worst Tube Amp I have played:

Peavey VTM 120 - I have heard people say these are good cheap tube amps. Cheap maybe, not sure how the term good applies. I wouldn't even have believed it was actually a tube amp if I didn't see tubes in it. Maybe I just plugged into a bad one, but it sounded solid state, and bad solid state at that. Make that AWFUL solid state; I honestly think the tubes were strictly ornamental.

• Members

i tried the crate blue vodoo, and while by no means was it worth half the price tag, i don't think it is worthy of being the worst amp of all time either. that would go the avt half stack for me. that amp still cost a bit and sounded truly terrible.

• Members

Originally posted by MetalHed

Worst Tube Amp I have played:

I have heard people say these are good cheap tube amps. Cheap maybe, not sure how the term good applies. I wouldn't even have believed it was actually a tube amp if I didn't see tubes in it. Maybe I just plugged into a bad one, but it sounded solid state, and bad solid state at that. Make that AWFUL solid state; I honestly think the tubes were strictly ornamental.

care to tell us what you're talking about?

Archived