Weirdest thing that ever happened to you

Jesse G

• Members

Back in 2000-2001 when I lived in Louisville, KY, my band played a show in Cinci and my ex and I were headed back home on I-71. It had to be around 2 or 3am, and there isn't {censored} on a lot of that stretch of interstate so you go through a lot of pitch black. I'm driving pretty zoned out and listening to music while my ex is asleep, when all of a sudden big, bright headlights come on right out of nowhere, and right on my ass. It was a big semi truck and it got really close and blared its horn. I immediately yelled out "WHAT THE {censored}!" and my ex jumped awake cussing at me. I got over into the passing lane to see if the dude would move on but he turned out his lights AGAIN and I couldn't see him. I was staring in my rear view looking for the truck's silhouette or something and the lights came on again closer than I expected, and the truck sped up on my tail and blared its horn.

At this point I am truly worried this guy is totally nuts and is going to run me off the road or worse, so when a random exit came up a moment later I took it at speed. The truck kept going and blared its horn as it passed. We stopped at the bottom of the ramp and my heart was racing. We barely even talked about it other than to repeatedly say "What the {censored} WAS that?!" I {censored}ing hate driving around big rigs...

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Late one night my wife and I were heading home after going to the movies. As we turned off the main highway we ended up behind a cop so I hung back and let him get about 1/4 of a mile ahead. All of a sudden he slammed on his brakes but then went on ahead so I thought maybe a deer had jumped out in front of him and slowed down a bit. Right when I got to where the cop slammed on his brakes I see a chick with white jeans and a white lacy blouse standing on the double yellow lines. She looked like you plucked her right out of the '80s with big hair and all. I remember seeing her plain as day but it was like my window was fogged up (it wasn't) and I couldn't see her face at all even though she was stairing right at me and I wasn't going but about 30mph (it was a 45mph zone). The cop turned off a little ways ahead like he was going to turn around but he kept going. I asked my wife if we should go back and she said "DID YOU SEE HER? Something wasn't right about that {censored} babe."

• Members

sleep paralysis.. I get that too. about every other month. Scares the sh*t out of me.

A few days before 9/11 , I had dreams of planes crashing into buildings . I have weird "premonitions" alot. I'll dream, of someone who I have not seen in years..and within a week or so, I'll run into them. I'll have dreams about odd buildings or houses..then later on, I'll be out of town on the road, and see the exact place I saw in my dream. Also have a re-occuring dream about drinking coffee with Brian Jones (The Rolling Stones) and we alwys talk about stuff thats going on in my life. Brian told me my Parents were gonna divorce 2 weeks before I knew about it.

He never speaks of what really happened to him lol. He gets mad if you talk about The Stones :lol:

• Members

Back in 2000-2001 when I lived in Louisville, KY, my band played a show in Cinci and my ex and I were headed back home on I-71. It had to be around 2 or 3am, and there isn't {censored} on a lot of that stretch of interstate so you go through a lot of pitch black. I'm driving pretty zoned out and listening to music while my ex is asleep, when all of a sudden big, bright headlights come on right out of nowhere, and right on my ass. It was a big semi truck and it got really close and blared its horn. I immediately yelled out "WHAT THE {censored}!" and my ex jumped awake cussing at me. I got over into the passing lane to see if the dude would move on but he turned out his lights AGAIN and I couldn't see him. I was staring in my rear view looking for the truck's silhouette or something and the lights came on again closer than I expected, and the truck sped up on my tail and blared its horn.

At this point I am truly worried this guy is totally nuts and is going to run me off the road or worse, so when a random exit came up a moment later I took it at speed. The truck kept going and blared its horn as it passed. We stopped at the bottom of the ramp and my heart was racing. We barely even talked about it other than to repeatedly say "What the {censored} WAS that?!" I {censored}ing hate driving around big rigs...

Jeepers Creepers?

• Members

I once dreamt I was being shot through the throat with a pistol. It didn't 'hurt' but it felt sort of warm and very real. I felt very peaceful, but when I woke up I was covered in sweat and I was kind of freaked.

yes, I checked my throat :o

• Members

Here's one: my wife and I were driving on Howell Mill here in north metro Atlanta, and in the empty parking lot of a derelict little strip mall there was a black dude sitting on a big ass horse, cowboy hat and all, checking his cell phone. Black cowboy in the city. Checking his emails or whatever.

• Members

Here's one: my wife and I were driving on Howell Mill here in north metro Atlanta, and in the empty parking lot of a derelict little strip mall there was a black dude sitting on a big ass horse, cowboy hat and all,
checking his cell phone
. Black cowboy in the city. Checking his emails or whatever.

Ok, that's {censored}ed up.

• Members

one weird trip from Virginia to Illinois with two of my friends for 4th of July

-somewhere at a highway interchange in Kentucky i think, the driver took an early exit. we immediately told him it was the wrong exit. rather than continuing around the loop and getting back on the freeway he instantly decides to tray and save it and get back on right there. i still dont know what was on his brain. we were WELL onto the exit ramp, which was ascending a bit. there was no chance to make it back (like no chance, probably 50 yards past the actual fork). he just jams the wheel over and shoots off the road. its pitch black right there, and normally between those types of ramps and the highway there is a ravine. luckily, it was flat land and we just bumped along at 50 or so, being slammed around be the uneven ground, unable to see anything through the tall grass in front of us, until we slam back out onto the freeway between traffic and went on our marry way. everyone was silent during the ordeal, and it took a full 30 seconds or so of realizing we were back safely on the freeway before we started punching him and asking what the {censored}.

-on the way home, a similar story to the semi story above, just before one of the toll stations somewhere. this semi comes right up on our ass, keeps {censored}ing with us. we lost him at the toll station by speeding away.

-we get back a rural part of VA outside richmond. we decide to stop off for food. we followed the gas/food interstate exit sign. we turned where it told us all these places were, and within a mile the road became a super small dirt road with the trees overhanging it, all creepy like. we decide to turn around, and we pull up into one of the creepiest roads ive been on. then we looked at the sign and it was called "three chopt". seems dumb now, but we were like, "omfg! three chopped ass mother{censored}ers!!!! aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!" and jetted out of there. i know its stupid, but i had a REALLY bad feeling before seeing that sign. we laughed later of course.

-right as well are pulling through hampton on our final leg, all of the lights in the city, streetlights and all, go out, blink twice, and came on in a matter of seconds. to this day no one knows what we are tlaking about when we mention it. we three all saw it. ive never seen anything like it. whole city just blackout for 2 seconds. no emergency lighting, nothing. weird.

• Members

OK, the weirdest thing that has probably happened to me:

This was probably around 1998-1999 in Louisville, KY. I was 18-19 years old. Me and one of my best friends/bandmates are hanging out in the Highlands/Bardstown Rd. area. As we're walking up the sidewalk, we can see a guy up ahead of us rummaging through a duffle bag on top of a garbage can. You can tell from a ways off he's a bum. We just ignore him and keep on with our conversation. As we try to walk past him, he suddenly looks up from his bag, directly into our faces just a few feet away and says "I'm not blind!" His eyes were milky white with cataracts. We just stopped with our mouths open and looked from each other to him, not knowing what to say. He again said "I'm not blind!!" Then he pulled a bottle of wine out his bag and said "I got the best wine in town...do YOU want some of my wine?" He was smiling at us with filthy teeth and eyes that shouldn't have been able to see. We nervously said "No thanks" and moved on at a brisk pace. We got a little ways ahead and heard him yell again that he wasn't blind. We turned around and he was still staring right at us.

We still talk about that {censored}...and we theorize that had we taken him up on his offer and partook of his wine, we would have become LIKE HIM!

:o

• Members
OK, the weirdest thing that has probably happened to me:

This was probably around 1998-1999 in Louisville, KY. I was 18-19 years old. Me and one of my best friends/bandmates are hanging out in the Highlands/Bardstown Rd. area. As we're walking up the sidewalk, we can see a guy up ahead of us rummaging through a duffle bag on top of a garbage can. You can tell from a ways off he's a bum. We just ignore him and keep on with our conversation. As we try to walk past him, he suddenly looks up from his bag, directly into our faces just a few feet away and says "I'm not blind!" His eyes were milky white with cataracts. We just stopped with our mouths open and looked from each other to him, not knowing what to say. He again said "I'm not blind!!" Then he pulled a bottle of wine out his bag and said "I got the best wine in town...do YOU want some of my wine?" He was smiling at us with filthy teeth and eyes that shouldn't have been able to see. We nervously said "No thanks" and moved on at a brisk pace. We got a little ways ahead and heard him yell again that he wasn't blind. We turned around and he was still staring right at us.

We still talk about that {censored}...and we theorize that had we taken him up on his offer and partook of his wine, we would have become LIKE HIM!

:o

Especially since he was apparently drinking wood alcohol.

• Members

Did some DMT

Hallucinated that a jolly playful buddha-spirit was in the room with me encouraging me to stop analyzing the experience and let go because I was still kind of clinging to reality. I felt like I was clinging to a ledge and not letting the trip just take over and I had been experimenting with it lately searching for that blast-off experience I've heard about.

Then this awesome beat started playing out of nowhere and then the spirit started singing to me "let your mind go, just let it flow" and it was like the song was hypnotizing me. I stopped analyzing the experience for a minute and then I snapped out of it as it was wearing off and started laughing as I realized the song was meant to trick me into letting go and it almost worked

• Members

I dont really have anything as weird as some of the things posted here, but I do have scary dreams on a semi-regular basis. Usually they involve me getting chased down by a bunch of guys with guns (like in an action movie, except I dont know who they are, just that they want to kill me), or me desperately running for my life to get out of a demolition zone before a bomb goes off. Often in my dreams I somehow get my teeth knocked out, fingers cut off, or eyes gauged out. They are pretty vivid dreams too. One time I remember not believing what was going on in my dream, so I pinched myself to see if I actually was dreaming. (since I was dreaming) I felt nothing, and thought "Oh, well I must be dreaming" :lol:, and I woke up almost right after that. Often when I wake up from such dreams, my heart is racing and/or I am sweating.

• Members

I grew up in Winston-Salem, NC, and stayed there through college. After graduating, my two best friends decided to go on a 40-day road trip out to the west coast, up it to Seattle, back across to NY and back down to NC before starting 'real life.' Along the way, we went from Carlsbad Caverns in NM to Albuquerque. The highway between the two passes right through Roswell, NM. We decided to take a break for a while and look at all the ridiculous alien themed crap....the Spaceship McDonald's, the landing site, and the UFO museum. We walk in, realize it costs money, decide to pass, and peter around in the gift shop for a bit. And in the gift shop, we run into another one of our best friends from school, who was also on a post-grad road trip. 2000 miles from home. In Roswell, New Mexico. In a UFO museum.

That was a rad coincidence.

• Members

Dreams: My sex dreams of late seem to always go like this - Meet sexy girl, we want to do it, spend rest of dream looking for a place to get down. Freudian cock block.:mad:

Real life: I'm driving home after work, about 1 A.M. Car ahead of me takes the exit....about a hundred yards early! Just drifts off the road, onto the area between the highway and the frontage road. No signal, no brake lights. Huge cloud of dust obscures everything as I pass. I slow down, look in the rearview. Just a big cloud of dust. I think "This is just wrong", so I take the next exit and eventually circle back around. Nothing. I'm sure he didn't just drive away, so I start looking.

I go back along the frontage road. Still nothing. I get out and start looking around for tire marks, debris, a {censored}ing car.....anything at all.

Finally, twenty, thirty minutes later find the car, on it's side, completely invisible from the highway or the frontage road in a ditch and obscured by hedges. I only found it because the headlights were still on.

Guy is in the car, belted in, laying on the seat. Looks like he's asleep, but I have a feeling he's dead. I'm banging on the window, yelling "Hey, you ok?" Nothing. No blood, no trauma, no movement. I do this for a few minutes because I'm a bit freaked out by now. Finally decide that this guy is beyond help. About this time there is a CHP car pulling over someone about a quarter mile up the road. I walk up about the time he is finishing up with his ticket or whatever.

I say "Excuse me, officer."

He spins around, total WTF look and reflexively clutching his gun butt, caught by complete surprise.

"There's a car back here in the ditch. I think the guy in it is dead." He calls for backup and an EMT.

EMT shows up, climbs up on the car, says "Hey buddy, you ok?" Then he pulls the door open and climbs right in. I feel like a {censored}, thinking, 'I could have done that!'

Sure enough, guy's dead. They take my info and let me go.

About a month later CHP calls me back to verify my statement etc. Seem like the guy was driving along and his pre-existing heart condition caught up with him. I was told he pretty much died at the wheel, drifted off the road right in front of me. I still feel kind of guilty, thinking I should have done more, but at the very least I know it would have made no difference. However, they told me it was a good thing I went back to look, because that car could have been there for days before anyone noticed, so I feel a little better for that

From my perspective, it really did look like the guy was simply taking an exit. No brakes, no swerving, just veered off the road.

(Ok, bring on the Carusoisms...:cop:)

• Members

A lot of weird {censored} has happened to me over the years but I'm having trouble thinking of some of the more interesting ones right now. Let's see...

I had always heard stories since I was a little kid about 'devil worshippers' who would go off in the woods around the village I grew up in and do weird {censored}/rituals and whatnot. My buddies and I used to always just go walking through the woods exploring and stuff, and we've seen some weird {censored}. There is an old cemetery down the road from where I grew up, with an even older road leading in to the woods running right beside it. We had always heard that THAT road in particular had some creepy {censored} happen down it.....so of course we had to go check it out.

The entrance to the road was overgrown so much so that you could not see it unless you knew it was there. Anyways, about halfway down the road we came across these two trees that were just completely covered in clothes :freak: I mean clothes piled up all over on the ground at the base of the tree, all the way up into the branches to the top. {censored}ing weird. Even further down the road it eventually opened up in to a sort of clearing, and there was a small shed there. Inside of it were several garbage bags filled with what looked to be shredded documents, and a few garbage bags filled with old board games :freak: monopoly, candyland, sorry!, etc. The complete games, stacked neatly inside of of garbage bags with all the game pieces and everything.

By far the strangest thing that we found in there though were three HUGE green binders. Inside of the binders were dot-matrix printouts listing the name, address, phone numbers, and social security numbers of what looked to be damn near every citizen in the parish :eek: sure enough, even our families' complete information were in there. In an old ass shed in the middle of the woods miles away from damn near anything. O.o

We kept them for a long time just for the sheer weirdness factor but I think we eventually destroyed them.

-----------------------

Following with the supposed devil worshipper theme, when I was probably about 15 me and a buddy were riding his 4 wheeler wayyyy out in the wilderness down this super long gravel road, when we eventually rounded a curve and came across three boar heads impaled neatly in a staggered line on wooden shafts :evil:

Whether it was just some hunter with mental issues, or some satanist {censored}, I don't know. We got the {censored} out of there instantly :lol:

---------------

When I was really young, my aunt used to work for the local nursing home. There was this senile, super scary old woman who lived there and anytime she saw me she would try to grab me and call me her little baby and {censored} :cry: I was scared to death of her.....

One day my mom left me with my aunt and she had this little sunfire convertible.....now I can't quite remember how it went down exactly (maybe we went to the nursing home so my aunt could pick up her check, or maybe we were just riding by) but somehow this crazy old woman spotted me and took off running after the car, screaming and crying for me. I curled up under the dash on the floorboard while this old hag reached inside the car trying to grab me. My aunt gunned it and we got away but it was one of the scariest {censored}ing things I've ever experienced :o:cry:

She looked almost EXACTLY like the old witch from Robin Hood :freak:

tmb_5350_480.jpg

One last thing.....now I can't be certain that this actually happened, or if I dreamed it, but this has stuck with me as a memory all these years-

People refer to the place I was born and raised as "Panther Country" as there were (and possibly still are, somewhere) panthers/pumas around when I was a little kid. I remember being home alone with my brother and looking out the window, and seeing a panther laying in the middle of the field with several small cats laying in a ring around it. {censored}ing weird.....

• Members

I have a dream about once a week that I have a gun and I'm trying to shoot someone but the gun either doesn't work, the bullets bounce off, or the gun falls apart. IDK if this qualifies as weird..But def weird to me.

Freud Voice: "You zuffer from a fear of impotence or infertility. Ze gun in your dreemz reprezentz your penis. You subconciously fear that you may be at sometime incapable of zexual peformance or reproduction, which manifests itzelf in your dreemz. This is not uncommon, and can be often treated succsessfully.

In order to keep this condition from affecting your waking life, I recommend ve begin immidiate therapiez. I vill zee you twice weekly und prescribe a heavy regimine of hookerz und blow. Now lie back and tell me about your childhood while I cut out a few linez und make a few callz. Then ve vill make wit der coken schnorten and de strumpett schtuppen when my 'assistants', Inga und Helga arrive."

• Members

I have a dream about once a week that I have a gun and I'm trying to shoot someone but the gun either doesn't work, the bullets bounce off, or the gun falls apart. IDK if this qualifies as weird..But def weird to me.

Freud Voice: "You zuffer from a fear of impotence or infertility. Ze gun in your dreemz reprezentz your penis. You subconciously fear that you may be at sometime incapable of zexual peformance or reproduction, which manifests itzelf in your dreemz. This is not uncommon, and can be often treated succsessfully.

In order to keep this condition from affecting your waking life, I recommend ve begin immidiate therapiez. I vill zee you twice weekly und prescribe a heavy regimine of hookerz und blow. Now lie back and tell me about your childhood while I cut out a few linez und make a few callz. Then ve vill make wit der coken schnorten and de strumpett schtuppen when my 'assistants', Inga und Helga arrive."

Archived