What do you do when your fingers hurt?

Misha

• Members

I know one guy that soaked his fingertips in rubbing alcohol just because that would dehydrate the tissue quicker.

Using lotion, my callouses are not as hard as they used to be and thus are a bit more suseptible to pressure pain, however, they never tear like they used to and that hurt worse than the pressure pain, so I guess you trade one evil for another.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

hi...computer went south for a few day but seems OK now.
Misha...so you`ve already bought another guitar eh...and don`t for a second think it ends there.
I also live in an apartment so I play the acoustics during the day and switch to either an electric or the Gibson Chet SST at night, mostly unplugged but sometimes I run through my Pandora with headphones. Good idea to change to the electric when the finger pain gets too much. Sometimes I just run through scales and chords when sitting in front of la tele.
lache pas.

• Members

Originally posted by LiveMusic

The photo is not clear. I enlarged it; it appears to be something like condoms on each finger. What is it?

They're called "finger cots." They're finger-length latex sheaths used for paper handling. They give the finger just enough tackiness to separate sheets of paper (beats licking your fingers). Primarily you'll see them used in the printing industry or among file clerks.

Funny thing: When i finished typing that last sentence, i lcked my fingers to get a better grip on my pick (yes, i'm sitting here reading HC and playing at the same time). Makes me wonder if they would work to help hold a pick? Maybe i'll have to try it out!

• Members

zenbu wrote:

I also live in an apartment so I play the acoustics during the day and switch to either an electric or the Gibson Chet SST at night, mostly unplugged but sometimes I run through my Pandora with headphones.

How is the Pandora?

I will have my electric only wednesday finally. I just have a very, very cheap headphone amp right now. I will look for something better. Pandora, Pod, Vamp ??? I don't know yet!

• Members

I have a Pandora PX-3. Great little unit, but it lacks features of the PX-4. (Current model.)

The phrase sampler (for slowing down sections of music recorded off a CD player) is adequate. Quite a bit of artifacts, but usable.

The effects are pretty good, and the PX-3 can be picked up pretty cheap on Ebay, if the PX-4 is too expensive.

I like that it runs on 4 AAA batteries. I've used it in airports while on tour (borrowed a carry on guitar from one of the musicians on the tour), through PAs, and pretty much everywhere else I've been the past 5 years or so.

Archived