New Guitar Day!

theGOOCH

• Members

Well, not new, but new to me. I bought a Taylor 310-K from our buddy Sweb.

Sounds and looks great!

If the Taylor haters threadjack this post I swear I'll post a pic of myself playing it with Elixir strings and a Kyser capo while eating a Twinkee....just try me!

• Members
Originally posted by theGOOCH

Well, not new, but new to me. I bought a Taylor 310-K from our buddy Sweb.

Sounds and looks great!

If the Taylor haters threadjack this post I swear I'll post a pic of myself playing it with Elixir strings and a Kyser capo while eating a Twinkee....just try me!

Does Sweb hate you? Why would he sell you a Taylor?

Just kidding, Congrats! :thu:

• Members

Congrats. enjoy your Taylor.
I love mine.
And I think that Sweb did the right thing, sending it off to you; someone who can appreciate it.
But if you post a pic of yourself playing it with Elixir strings and a Kyser capo while eating a Twinkee, whatever you do, don't be wearing that cotton shirt.
I heard that's bad. real bad.

• Members
Originally posted by MyM.O.

I was going to post today to ask if you got the 310 yet. So what are your impressions so far? And do post pics.

I love Taylors
:thu:

(I think we gotta stick together here, Gooch
;)
)

I love it! I'll give you a more detailed analysis as I play the hell out of it.

I've played a lot of guitars at stores and I love the Taylor sound. I don't put down other guitars...I like Martins, Larrivees etc. but decided Taylors were for me. I was going to get more of a beginner's model (110 or 210) because of price and I didn't want to trust just anyone on Ebay for a used 310, but was happy when a forumite had one available. I think the Koa does give it a nicer and more unique sound (and sweet smell).

The only problem is I can no longer blame my playing on my cheap guitar.

btw: He's been here longer than me, but for what it's worth, If he ever has another guitar for sale here I'll vouch for Sweb anytime.

• Members
Originally posted by theGOOCH

I've played a lot of guitars at stores and I love the Taylor sound. I don't put down other guitars...I like Martins, Larrivees etc. but decided Taylors were for me. I was going to get more of a beginner's model (110 or 210) because of price and I didn't want to trust just anyone on Ebay for a used 310, but was happy when a forumite had one available. I think the Koa does give it a nicer and more unique sound (and sweet smell).

btw: He's been here longer than me, but for what it's worth, If he ever has another guitar for sale here I'll vouch for Sweb anytime.

Yeah, I like quite a few brands myself (in fact, too many :D) . I have a koa Tacoma, and the smell alone is worth the price - guitar wood heaven. The sound is a little different, I enjoy it.

I agree, Sweb's a good guy. He made you a very nice offer. I wouldn't hesitate to deal with him.

• Members

Originally posted by kwakatak

Awww, man! Where's knockwood when you need him?

I think Knock's outta town for a few days.

t60fan aught to be checking in soon. He's a Taylor owner who appreciates the merrits of proper Twinkie storage.

Congrats GOOCH. Just remember: Cotton and Elixirs don't mix.

• Members
Originally posted by JasmineTea

I think Knock's outta town for a few days.

t60fan aught to be checking in soon. He's a Taylor owner who appreciates the merrits of proper Twinkie storage.

Congrats GOOCH. Just remember: Cotton and Elixirs don't mix.

Awe shucks...:o

Congrats, Gooch. Any guitar that makes ya' smile is a good thing in my book. :thu:

(hope I'm not getting too predictable, so the Witness Protection Program doesn't move me again)

• Members

I would have to describe the sound of this guitar as very crisp and clean. I don't hear harsh brightness at all.

Something else I mentioned before is just the feel of a Taylor. I can't explain why, but it just feels right in my hands.

• Members

Cool! I picked up my Taylor T5 today, and I love it! Smooth action, great sounds, looks great. It is a standard with a spruce top and tobacco burst finish. It is an amazing instrument, I am totally a Taylor man when it comes to guitars! Sorry, do not mean to 'jack your thread, but these are cool guitars!!!

Archived