A CD and HC

Freeman Keller

• Members

I'm listening to a cd that I received last night. It was sent to me by an HC forumite - we have had some private discussions about 12 strings over the past 6 months or so and he just recorded himself playing his and sent a copy.

I am frankly quite blown away. He plays well, his guitar sounds beautiful, and he included a little description of his music and the events behind it.

I have also over the past few months received some dvd's of PBS shows that people thought I would like, many comments and encouragements on my attempts at building a couple of these boxes, a letter from one of our members who has gone thru things in life that I can't imagine, yet has clung to his music, and even wishes for my safety as I pursue some of my other hobbies.

All of this from people I don't know, have never met, couldn't pick out of a crowd. I've listen to your playing when you post mp3's, I know what kind of strings you like and don't like, what you play, what you hate, sometimes a little about your politics and your personal lives. I watched the Kwak Kaper go down - and am still amazed by that whole thing.

Yeah, a couple of critters have come out from under the bridge lately, but if we ignore them they'll just crawl back. Meanwhile, I'm just going to listen to this wonderful music some more.

• Members

Thanks Freeman. I'm glad you're enjoying my playing, as well as the other great players on that compilation.

Again, my thanks to you in your advice and suggestions on strings, tunings, guitars, and the like. You helped steer me in the right direction, and the CD is like a tangible thank you.

Forums like these are an endless source of information and inspiration. It is a community of like minded players who can learn and be informed about all aspects of our favorite instrument. Since I've been a member here I've saved money, avoided mistakes in purchases, and learned aspects of the guitar I was clueless to beforehand.

What a great "place".

God bless the internet, and all of you.

• Members

Freeman,

You are a class act. You are one of the people that make this place worth visiting. I feel the same you do towards several people here. It's hard to believe you can be friends with people you never met in person.

Guys at work were positive the Kwak caper was going to turn out to be a scam.

Nice post!

• Members

I have learned more about acoustic guitars here in the last year and a half, than in the previous thirty combined, thanks to Freeman and others like him. Freeman, you set an example of civility that gives me something to measure myself against, even though sometimes it try's your paitience a good bit. In whatever I get involved in, the people are always the best part.

Dave

• Members

Originally posted by JasmineTea

Jeez, I hav'nt seen posts like this since the IKFC was formed.

Maybe we should all head over to Hud's for a group-hug, a song, and a Miller Light.

Let me know a head of time so I can get 10 or 11 beers in my system before you guys arrive. I'm more huggable after I get warmed up......

• Members

+1 :thu:

I've been coming here to hang out and chit-chat since Nov 2003 when I my Tak was busted up. The folks here were generous and like Dave I probably learned more in that first year and a half than I did in the previous 25 (+/- ) years. I remember reading discussions on Martins, Taylors, Breedloves, Larriv

• Members

Originally posted by guitarist21

Technology is really amazing. I really appreciate all the help I get here. Guys like Freeman, Hudman, Babablowfish, you guys really appear to know your stuff and its a great atmosphere. I hope to be here for a long time!
:D

Ellen

Thanks Ellen. I feel honored to be mentioned with Freeman and Bab's.

• Members

Kwak,

The guys at work thought the Kwak caper was a scam until I told them that everyone was sending their money to ME. They never suggested that you were the scammer. They assumed the cash collector would be the scammer.

I'm not a scammer! :D

By the way, Mrs. Hudman loves a good party. Her beer of choice is Bud Light (I would never marry a girl that drank the high dollar stuff :D ).

I went to another NASCAR race this past weekend. Two buddies and I met up with a group of friends in the infield at MIS Saturday night. We lugged our sleeping bags, gear and a case of beer for each of us 2.5 miles to get to our camp site (we had to park far away since we got there a day late). It was a shorter outing than the one in June (we did a 3 day outing last time). We went home Sunday afternoon. Our load was a case of beer lighter hiking back to the truck.

• Members
Originally posted by kwakatak

[bSounds like a plan, though I suggest neutral territory (so that Mrs. Hud don't kill us all in our sleep for being messy and flatulent), a hearty handshake (no bone-crunching please), an all-night jam session (no Kumbuyah though) and lots o' Guinness.

My place? We can party all night here, no problem.

• Members

Put me down for some Rolling Rock as well (with a tad tequila on the side).

This guitar fraternity is and has long been infectious. When I first lurked here I was amazed by the rapport, the patience with seemingly odd questions, and the wealth of knowledge freely available. Freeman lead the pack with exhaustive information on all things wood and steel. As a librarian I can tell you, finding the same info in the "real" world would take a good deal of time. This forum and others like it prove how indispensible the internet is.

Take a bow Freeman!

Archived