Happy Thanksgiving!

kwakatak

• Members

I've been reading through several threads that have taken a negative turn and I refuse to comment on them. Instead, I'd just like to try and put a good vibe and try to put everything in perspective.

First of all - and to keep it on-topic - I'm thankful for the many folks here who give good advice, add to the general levity of the forum or are just plain nice guys/gals.

I'm also thankful that I have enough time to pick up my guitar whenever I'm able. I probably spend too much time with it on some occassions and too little on others, but I never regret taking the time to develop a hobby that helps clear my head of all the B.S. I've dealt with through the years.

Last but certainly not least, I'm thankful for my wife who endures all my eccentricities. Even though I moan about her disinterest in my guitar-playing obsession she has changed my life for the better and I couldn't realistically imagine my life being any better than it is now. I haven't given up hope on her musical tastes and hope to finally win her over by writing sappy love songs - which I promise not to post here!

Thanks in particular to the IKFC conspiracy. You know why! ;)

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! :)

• Members

I want to add my tryptophan-laden Thanksgiving Greetings to you all, as we usher in this holiday season.

I'm thankful for this forum where I can always find a few folks who share my love of music, and specifically guitar music.

I'm giving thanks for my health, and two fine grown-up sons who still call me on occasion. I'm thankful for finding a wonderful girlfriend of more than 7 years who tolerates my obsession with these stringed contraptions and is always ready to accompany me to concerts here and yon to see some fingerstylist she's never heard of, and she remains my biggest fan when I open a guitar case, and after all these years she still says, "oh good. play something for me."

Wishing you all well, hoping you are with your families and loved ones today, and praying for peace.

-Q.

• Members

I am grateful that I live in the U.S.A. and that there are brave men and women who are risking their lives to protect me.

I am grateful that although I have repeatedly erred, offended, gone astray and generally screwed up in life, God has repeatedly offered to forgive me through the sacrifice of His Son.

I am grateful for the friends and family I have and for the time I had with those that are now gone.

I am grateful for what ability I have to play and sing. It has been a true blessing (for me, if not for those on the receiving end of my performances.)

God Bless You All. :wave:

• Members

Originally posted by babablowfish

I am grateful that I live in the U.S.A. and that there are brave men and women who are risking their lives to protect me.

I am grateful that although I have repeatedly erred, offended, gone astray and generally screwed up in life, God has repeatedly offered to forgive me through the sacrifice of His Son.

I am grateful for the friends and family I have and for the time I had with those that are now gone.

I am grateful for what ability I have to play and sing. It has been a true blessing (for me, if not for those on the receiving end of my performances.)

God Bless You All.
:wave:

God bless us all.

• Members

I'm grateful for my health, my wife's health, and your health.

I'm grateful I'm able to live as I do.

I'm grateful my guitars live with me.

I'm grateful that air is transparent and my eyelids aren't.

I'm grateful to all who are not with their families this Thanksgiving because of bigger things. I've done that. They deserve more than what they get.

I'm grateful for you guys/gals. You are truly deserved of blessings.

Now...will somebody PLEASE teach me how to play guitar???

Happy holidays everyone,

Ray

• Members

This is the only holiday that holds any real meaning for me and my family - both the one I came from and the one my wife and I have managed to put together - so I'll take your wishes to celebrate this day and add my own.

Happy Thanksgiving All!

• Members

Originally posted by WaveRay

I'm grateful to all who are not with their families this Thanksgiving because of bigger things. I've done that. They deserve more than what they get.

I'm grateful for you guys/gals. You are truly deserved of blessings.

+1

Now I'm going to watch "Home For The Holidays"

(my favorite Thanksgiving movie)

...followed by "Pieces Of April" and What's Cooking".

...all movies that make you think of the old saying,

"Home is where, when you go there, they have to take you in".:)

• Members

First - my sincere thanks to everyone of you - you are great people to know even tho I wouldn't recognize any of you (well, Terry I would).

This is a bitter sweet, but still sweet, Thanksgiving - we are about to drive 300 miles to visit my sister who two weeks ago had a heart attack. She completely flatlined - two strangers did CPR and she has, at least, survived. We are far from out of the woods, but I do get to spend another Thanksgiving with her and my family.

So everyone, hug your family and friends and guitars and be thankful that you are able to enjoy them.

• Members

Originally posted by Freeman Keller

First - my sincere thanks to everyone of you - you are great people to know even tho I wouldn't recognize any of you (well, Terry I would).

This is a bitter sweet, but still sweet, Thanksgiving - we are about to drive 300 miles to visit my sister who two weeks ago had a heart attack. She completely flatlined - two strangers did CPR and she has, at least, survived. We are far from out of the woods, but I do get to spend another Thanksgiving with her and my family.

So everyone, hug your family and friends and guitars and be thankful that you are able to enjoy them.

FK, large wishes of luck from our family to yours.

As always, your advise is sound.

• Members

OMG! See now that puts things in perspective. I hope your sister recovers from this FK and I'll be sure to include your family in my thoughts and payers tonight.

• Members

Hey Kwak, what's for dinner? Pulled pork on Thanksgiving? Tacos?

I hav'nt seen these negative threads you're talking about, then again, I don't read the forum as closely as I used to, I tend to look for d03nut's threads and the like. Plus I hav'nt been around much lately.

Thanks HCAG for all the info you've given me, freely, and for allowing me to pass on freely what info I've gained over the years.

Thankfulness. Hmm.

I'm thankful for people like Kwak. No matter what's happening, he's able to look at life from a perfectly reasonable point of view, and speak from that point of view. Someone once called him "the voice of reason". Fitting, IMO.

IKFC. I still get a kick imagining the look on Kwak's face when the the FedEx guy knocked on the door...Huh...? What the...? That could'nt have happened to a better guy.

I'm thankful for my friends, whithout whom I would'nt have made it through this last summer.

• Members

Happy Thanksgiving H-C acoustic guitar pickers!

You guys are the best. I've been spending a little of my AG time on the dark side lately (Electric guitar forum ;) ). Spending time there makes me appreciate the folks here even more. Thanks for tolerating me. :thu:

I'm thankful for many things. Right now I am giving special thanks for the health of my pregnant wife. She is experiencing a difficult pregnancy. The baby is due on June 29, 2007. :)

• Members

Sorry FK this makes for a difficult holiday season.

May god bless you and yours and we will keep your sister in our prayers.

I could write a book on what I have to be thankful for. Right now I think I'll just keep it to my wife, family, good friends and our health. I also want to give a special thanks to all the young men and women in our armed forces and may god keep them safe.

• Members

Originally posted by guitarist21

You guys are great- I'm definitely thankful for you this holiday season. Hud, your wife is in my prayers, as is Freeman's sister.

Thanks for being a helpful, light-hearted, and intelligent group of people!

Ellen

Thanks Ellen.

You are one cool guitar chick. :thu:

• Members

Originally posted by JasmineTea

Hey Kwak, what's for dinner? Pulled pork on Thanksgiving? Tacos?

Pretty boring stuff, actually. MIL (mother in law) made the turkey dinner over at their place. My wife made a pumpkin roll, a whipped sweet potato casserole with some cobbler crunchies on top and spinach/sour cream croissant role for an appetizer. Tomorrow's also FIL's (father in law) birthday so naturally we had birthday cake as well. I'm currently paying the price for overindulging as well as the beginnings of a cold.

I hav'nt seen these negative threads you're talking about, then again, I don't read the forum as closely as I used to, I tend to look for d03nut's threads and the like. Plus I hav'nt been around much lately.

It's probably best that you've been selective with your attendence. The negative threads are basically the "don't do any business with ______ " ones. I hate to see people get taken advantage of, but I hate it even worse when they decide to lash out at anybody who doesn't jump on the bandwagon. I've been tempted to throw in my opinion but thought better of it. I hate having things said in a moment of weakness come up and bite me in the ass.

Thanks HCAG for all the info you've given me, freely, and for allowing me to pass on freely what info I've gained over the years.

Thankfulness. Hmm.

I'm thankful for people like Kwak. No matter what's happening, he's able to look at life from a perfectly reasonable point of view, and speak from that point of view. Someone once called him "the voice of reason". Fitting, IMO.

:o

My wife would take exception with that. The "voice of reason" is actually some of the good sense that has rubbed off from her to me, but I also try to temper it with my own form of romantic idealism. In real life I can be a petty bastard who will keep on arguing just to save face. In fact, I've put my foot in my mouth many a time and even lost some good friends over the years after being careless with my words or sentiments. Believe me, I've typed some stuff that I've re-read and deleted before hitting the "submit" button.

IKFC. I still get a kick imagining the look on Kwak's face when the the FedEx guy knocked on the door...Huh...? What the...? That could'nt have happened to a better guy.

Truth be told it came at an awkward time. My (older) son has shown a significant developmental delay in speaking and at the time the guitar arrived, his case worker for early intervention had arrived to do an eval on him. After 7 months of therapy and minor surgery to his tongue we've come to understand that he's capable of talking but is following the beat of his own drummer - kinda like his old man!

I'm thankful for my friends, whithout whom I would'nt have made it through this last summer.

Yeah, it sounded like you had a tough time there for a bit, but you seem to have weathered it with style and made HCAG a more relaxing and entertaining environment. :thu:

Archived