Vincent video

kwakatak

• Members

You own that tune, Kwak.

Love the harmonics.

Your earlier recording inspired me to learn it, for which I am very grateful to you. And out of respect, I won't post a recording here.

6120 is right; you are really smooth on this tune.

I hope mine will evolve in that way eventually.

Its a lot of fun to play.

(I have the Power Tab arrangement for this if anyone wants it. PM me with your email address and I'll attach it.)

• Members

Neil, that is REALLY good! And I've heard you say you mostly strum...get out of here! One of my favorite acoustic songs of all time. I like Empty Chairs a lot too.

An aside: I've never been able to open a Putfile on my Mac until now. I though I'd give it a try once again and lo and behold, you popped up.

• Members

I'm 100% certain: that was good, although only, say, two-thirds of that sure that that's in fact you.

You know, on account of the "missing" portions....haha

Hehe - yeah, the camera cut out at exactly 3 minutes when there was only a couple of seconds left. Go figure.

As for my identity, lets just say that I didn't want to sit any further from the camera because I wanted to make sure the audio picked up alright. Besides, I've got this nasty case of pinkeye right now and I thought it might distract! ;)

• Members

Neil,

Great job, as usual. I really liked the audio you posted a while back also.

One thing I noticed. You don't anchor your right pinky finger on top of the guitar. People have told me that it is much easier to play that way, but I just can't finger pick at all without doing that.

• Members

Neil,

Great job, as usual. I really liked the audio you posted a while back also.

One thing I noticed. You don't anchor your right pinky finger on top of the guitar. People have told me that it is much easier to play that way, but I just can't finger pick at all without doing that.

Thanks, carguy. Like it was said before, this is a fun song to play and revisit.

As for the pinky thing, I don't it or the ring finger much at all. Neither have much dexterity so they're pretty much useless. As for bracing my picking hand, I actually do it by resting my forearm on the side of the guitar (for songs like this) or by resting the heel of my palm on the bass-end of the saddle (for songs with an alternating bass line.)

Archived