OK, what has everyone been up too?!

T.B.

• Members

I've been away for about 14 days but it seems longer. Been on vacation, celebrating an anniversary..... and just relaxing. So, tell me what's been up: New gear I want to see it, hilarious stories let me hear-um, and any newbie's around introduce youself. I'm too lazy to backtrack ..........

Trina :wave:

• Members

Trina, welcome back. Sounds like it is YOU that should be telling us what you are doing - vacations and anniversary are both good things (congratulations on whatever it is).

Mostly we've been sitting around playing and talking about guitars and saying, "gosh, wonder where T.B. is?"

• Members
I've been away for about 14 days but it seems longer. Been on vacation, celebrating an anniversary..... and just relaxing. So, tell me what's been up: New gear I want to see it, hilarious stories let me hear-um, and any newbie's around introduce youself.
I'm too lazy to backtrack ..........

Trina
:wave:

Well, since you've been gone, we all ordered Zagers. When they arrive, we are going to get out heavy picks and all strum a G chord in unison. It will be known as the Buzz Heard Round the World.

Seriously, the place was invaded by aliens while you were gone. Every time I log on, I expect to see a headshot of Rod Serling. Welcome back Trina! :wave:

• Members

Welcome back Trina! :wave:

I had a change of heart and a GAS attack while you were gone.

I bought a ukulele at the end of January. I kept it for a few weeks and decided that its not the instrument for me. I sold it and ordered a classical guitar yesterday. The uke was fun, but I can get more use out of a classical guitar (especially at night while the kids are sleeping). :thu:

I took advantage of the promo Music123 is running ($40 off $250 purchases) and ordered a Washburn C80S Madrid Classical (solid cedar top / laminate rosewood sides & back), a Road Runner Pro gig bag and a set of Savarez R520 Red Card high tension strings. It came to a grand total of $211. :thu:

Here's the guitar: http://www.washburn.com/products/acoustics/classical/c80c40.aspx#

• Members

Me and the wife and kids got the stomach flu.

A new guy showed up here spouting praise for his new Zager and it spurned a debate that wouldn't end.

JT showed up and started a real flame war over it and the forum descended from the fourthinto the fifth circle of Dante's Inferno.

Hope your vacation went better.

PS: HCAG VOM1T is this Sunday.

• Members

Me and the wife and kids got the stomach flu.

A new guy showed up here spouting praise for his new Zager and it spurned a debate that wouldn't end.

JT showed up and started a real flame war over it and the forum descended from the fourthinto the fifth circle of Dante's
Inferno.

Hope your vacation went better.

PS: HCAG VOM1T is this Sunday.

Damn! The stomach flu is making its rounds in my neck of the woods too. I hope it skips our house. I doubt that will happen because my kids catch and share every virus they encounter....

• Members

Trina,

I've been doing nothing but wondering where in the world T.B. has been. ;)

Two weeks? I'm really envious. Next time you get two weeks, drop in to upstate SC and teach me how to use these two hollow-boxed stringed instruments I've acquired.

Good to have you back.

Bill

• Members

Playing a lot of classical guitar and trying to mend some fences - some here - while knocking back a few beverages. BTW, congratulations on the anniversary. Married 23 years and I still owe my wife one. This summer have plans to do a European tour. *crosses fingers*

• Members

Welcome back Kotter.....I mean.....Trina! ;)

I'm sure your time away on vacation was a lot more (everything) than what's been going on here.

Looks like my only vacation this year will be over Thanksgiving. That seems like a looooooong time away.....

• Members

The last two weeks ... hmmm ... trying to figure out what Dawg Music is ...

"They started calling them Dawg music,

The weird tunes that were no longer bluegrass,

Not only jazz, tunes with a difference...

The Dawg's own music."

Still one of my favorite albums; David Grisman, Darol Anger, Tony Rice, Todd Philips, Bill Amatneek. The DG Quintet and the Del McCoury Band will be playing in Denver Friday night. Can't go, dang it....

• Members

In trial every day the last two weeks on a stupid never-ending divorce case, retreating at night (at least the nights I haven't had to work on the stupid never-ending divorce case) to my family and guitars, not necessarily in that order.

Looking forward to the return of MLB and daylight savings time.

I don't think we've actually been formally introduced, but welcome back!

• Members

Hey, Girl - Welcome back!

I was just about to make a post to see if anybody had heard from you or knew where you were. So glad to know all is well!

Hmm....lemme see.....

Kissed my much-hated job/career goodbye;

Finally got my little music room set up;

Played a couple of fun coffeehouse jams with SteveO;

Now in the middle of a very major housecleaning/rearranging.

It's time for me to get off my lazy butt and get serious about finding a new job, so that's on the agenda for next week.

• Members
:wave:

Fooled with that USB mic the whole time you were gone - never did get it to work :mad:, but I think I know why, thanks to the driver info you provided. I did, however, substantially increase my voluminous knowledge of obsolete computers and OS's.

Hope your 2 weeks were more enjoyable.

• Members

What's Happen Since Trina's Been Away - Top Ten List

10. Hud ditched his uke for nylon ax.

9. Stack's still has issues with bridge pins.

8. DenverT explained/defined what "Dawg Music" is.

7. Krash proudly has added mastering outdated computer/OS to his resume.

6. OutdoorGB bought some guitar strings to get a free beer glass.

5. C70M explained to his significant other buying a used Guild is good for bronchitis.

4. Larry's hoping either day light saving time or a Major League Baseball knocks some sense into his feuding client(s) head(s).

3. Samilyn told her boss(es), take this job and shove it up .......... !!!!

2. After watching a 48 hr. marathon of the Twilight Zone on the SCIFI channel Rjoxyz thinks alien beings have infiltrated HC and made him buy a dozen Zager guitars.

AND

The number one reason....... "What's Happen Since Trina Been Away", is

1. DaveW is hoping the wild rumour about Lauren and I is true and hoping like hell he'll see us in the 7th DVD edition of 'Girl's Gone Wild'.

Thanks guys glad to be back. :D

Trina

• Members
Got a new guitar.

ATfront.jpg

Handmade Brahmz? Dare I say, do you have any plans to add a pickup? :eek:

Thanks for sharing and all the well wishes my husband and I had a blast, but there is no place like home.

Trina

• Members
Handmade Brahmz? Dare I say, do you have any plans to add a pickup?
:eek:

Handmade over many months! No plans for a pickup yet, but I'm thinking about it. I wanted an acoustic instrument, first and foremost. I'd like the amplification to sound more acoustic than electric, which probably wouldn't have happened with the standard jazz guitar pickup.

• Members
My husband and I celebrated our twentieth (Feb 26) wedding anniversary. He planned everything and with the exception of packing my own suitcase, I was catered to. We celebrated our grand occasion with our Best-man and the Matron of honor in our wedding in Corona CA. then we went on to Kauai. Life is great and to have someone to share it with you kinda like a lot, is even better.
:love:

You have that exactly right. My most sincere congratulations. I turned 63 on the 26th and have shared most of my life with a wonderful, understanding and tolerant woman. Life truely is great

Archived