Somewhat OTish. For my 1000th post at HC

Glenn F

• Members

I just wanted to drop in and say hello, and briefly mention why I haven't been around too much. In April, I had a bad gout attack, which generally kept me in bed; At the beginning of May, on the first day that I felt up to getting up and about, I wrecked my knee going down some stairs. Crutches and a big 'ol brace from my crotch to my ankle for that. At the beginning of June, I had another gout attack, and then, currently, a bout of diverticulitis that may entail me going into the hospital for surgery. So, me no happy camper, and am not online too much these days.:rolleyes:

Hope everyone is doing well, and are playing your geetars, acoustic and otherwise.

Take care, everyone, all the best,

And, cheers,

Glenn

• Members

Hi ya Glenn, hang in their guy and keep the faith. :) My Aunt has gout, she eats fresh cherries, 6-8 cherries daily she says it relieves the symptoms of her gout. It's my understanding cherry's have an enzyme that neutralizes uric acid and are high in anthocyanins which have high antioxidant properties as well as anti-inflammatory action. For greatest effectiveness she eat's them between meals.

Glenn take great care and hopefully in the very near future you'll be up inabout.

• Members

Thanks for your good wishes and suggestions, everyone. At the moment, the gout is the least of my worries. A doctor at the emergency ward at the hospital wanted to admit me last Wednesday for the diverticulitis, but I declined. However, he didn't give me the antibiotics normally given to people with this condition, and neither did my GP yesterday, so I suspect something is up with antibiotics and the strains of resistant bacteria out there now. I am really not feeling very well. I've been online, generally, for a minute or two at a time, exchanging emails with friends back in Canada. Unfortunately, my iMac is not a MacBook, we don't have wireless. I have, however, moved the iMac into the bedroom for long intervals, and have been playing with Logic Pro 8, which is a complete blast - when I haven't been interrupted by pain.

OGP, I always smile at that picture of Richards under that customs notice. Hope all is well in B.C.

So, keep on rocking in the free world,

Cheers,

Glenn

Archived