OK, What did you get for Christmas.

T.B.

• Members

Yeah, I'm three weeks behind: The holdiay(s) were bitter sweet for our family, my beloved Mother-In-Law passed away unexpectily. So, I find myself this morining in my daughters dorm room in, Tallahassee... it's just "hit" her that her la abuela is gone so, I'm doing some hand holding.

So, let it ripp whatcha get. :)

• Members

Actually wife and I had No Christmas, things are just to tight right now,
We did get the Kids some things, But it was a smaller Christmas that normal!
(Kids still had it well though, they are my step Kids and they spend all of the Holiday events at their dads, they skip on us for Christmas, New Years, Memorial Day, Fourth of July, Labor Day, and Thanksgiving they go have these times with their Dad we get none of it)

Sorry to hear about your MIL, death is always difficult, and many many times it does take awhile to sink in, I really understand, My thoughts are with you and your family.

• Members
Yeah, I'm three weeks behind: The holdiay(s) were bitter sweet for our family,
my beloved Mother-In-Law passed away unexpectily.
So, I find myself this morining in my daughters dorm room in, Tallahassee... it's just
"hit"
her that her
la abuela
is gone so, I'm doing some hand holding.

So, let it ripp whatcha get.
:)

I am sorry to hear about your loss of a beloved family member and would like to offer my condolences.

As far as Christmas is concerned I too didn't get any gifts musical or otherwise.

I hope 2009 is a happy and healthy one for you.

• Members

Sorry for your loss, T.B.

I'd have to say my wife was VERY good to me this Christmas:

- Yamaha LS6 w/ custom case (with all the bundle goodies like stand, tuner, polish, etc)
- Planet Waves CP02 NS Capo in the stocking
- Some new guitar (music) books from my sister: Eagles and Police
- An outdoor fireplace from my parents (so now I have a place to play the above :) )
- Some new strings to try from myself (a few different types)

• Members

Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers album: "Anthology: Through The Years"

Great stuff!

Have you seen the recent 6 hour documentary of Tom Petty by Peter Bogdanovich. They run it on Sundance Channel, commercial free, every so often. I watched the first three hours earlier last year and just caught up on the second three hours over the holidays.

• Members

Well after the wife and I decided NOT to exchange gifts (tough times too),
So she went and got Leo Kottke tickets for us. He's coming February 20th. I can't wait. It's been forever since I last saw him. (30 years). I doubt he will recognize me. Ha. Ha.

• Members

Have you seen the recent 6 hour documentary of Tom Petty by Peter Bogdanovich. They run it on Sundance Channel, commercial free, every so often. I watched the first three hours earlier last year and just caught up on the second three hours over the holidays.

VH1C also had an interesting show about Mudcrutch, which was the first band he put together. They're suppose to be back together and going on tour. :thu:

• Members

I am in the UK so, alas, no, I didn't see it. But I'll watch out for it on DVD.

• Members

Socks, a few CD's, books, workshop calendar, guitar cuff-links, money-clip (Someone was definitely taking the water), a bottle of Jack Daniels and a few sets of strings. :thu:

So, I'll have warm feet while listening to music, reading, knowing which day of the week it is, dressed up with nowhere to go with an empty money-clip, but be quite merry and able to try changing the strings I break due to alcohol intake. :facepalm:

• Members
VH1C also had an interesting show about Mudcrutch, which was the first band he put together. They're suppose to be back together and going on tour.
:thu:

There was a segment devoted to Mudcrutch on the Bogdanovich doc. Amazing all the old footage they were able to come up with from Tom's early days before he became famous.

Archived