Yamaha FS720S vs others in same price range?

jabuerctu

• Members

Hello

The Yamaha FS720S is highly regarded by many people. Other makes to try out are: Crafter, Cort and Tanglewood - all excellent quality.

I would strongly recommend that you go to a shop and try as many different guitars as you can before you buy - they are all different. Buy the one that you like best.

• Members

a few weeks ago I had the choice between a FS720 and a Crafter T035. Personally I much preferred the Crafter. It's beautifully built, tonally superior and just that little bit different. I would highly recommend trying one amongst all that you should try before buying :)

• Members

Are all the models you are trying short scale?

If not, try the LS6 Yum.

The FS720 I played was nice. Lately I have been yapping about the demo strings. The worst cheese slicer set were on the FS720s

If you get one, buy strings. The LS6 sounded pretty good with the factory strings. DR Rare 12's made it much nicer.

• Members

Are all the models you are trying short scale?

If not, try the LS6 Yum.

The FS720 I played was nice. Lately I have been yapping about the demo strings. The worst cheese slicer set were on the FS720s

If you get one, buy strings. The LS6 sounded pretty good with the factory strings.
DR Rare 12's made it much nicer

YJ, what did the DR Rare 12's do to the sound of the LS6 (how did it improve it)?

Thanks!

• Members

For almost the same price you can get an Alvarez RD20s, A very nice solid top guitar with a tayloresque neck. They are set up here in the state before getting sent out. I would like to try some of the guitars now popular in Europe at this price, like The Freshman, Faith and Walden, but like my light weight Alvarez very much.

J

• Members

YJ, what did the DR Rare 12's do to the sound of the LS6 (how did it improve it)?

Thanks!

I'll say that I did the same thing and used a set of DR's. It deepened the tone and made it a little less bright, more warm. Now I want to try another set with the new bone saddle and set up. I'll report back in a week or so...seems the Martin SP's last quite long.

• Members

I'll say that I did the same thing and used a set of DR's. It deepened the tone and made it a little less bright, more warm. Now I want to try another set with the new bone saddle and set up. I'll report back in a week or so...seems the Martin SP's last quite long.

I have some black horn on order from LMI for a nut and a saddle :)

I agree on the tone assesment.

I'll revisit the SP's. I tried them, didn't like them but now that I think about it, the guitar went bye bye (Not a Yamaha of course)

Good Purchase on the 720! Keep us posted on strings.

• Members

I have some black horn on order from LMI for a nut and a saddle
:)
I agree on the tone assesment.

I'll revisit the SP's. I tried them, didn't like them but now that I think about it, the guitar went bye bye (Not a Yamaha of course)

Good Purchase on the 720! Keep us posted on strings.

Black buffalo horn should compliment the ebony fingerboard and bridge quite nicely whilst lending itself to providing a slightly warmer tonal output than that of bone. :thu:

-------

jabuerctu,

Congrats on your new FG720S. :thu: They're a decent guitar.

Archived