OT: would GC be upset?

kwakatak

• Members

If I took a couple of preschoolers into the acoustic room with me? I'd have a stroller...?

Daddy needs a day out!
:facepalm:

I have never had the pleasure of visiting a GC but from what I understand is that they could care less if you brought in that monkey that chewed that woman's face off into the acoustic room...why would a couple of toddlers faze them?...:idk:

• Members

I agree with OGP--might just be my local GC, but I've spent upwards of two hours in the acoustic room, and never saw a salesperson (which is fine by me). I'm sure as long as the kids aren't wreaking havoc, you'll be fine.

• Members

I have never had the pleasure of visiting a GC but from what I understand is that they could care less if you brought in that monkey that chewed that woman's face off into the acoustic room...why would a couple of toddlers faze them?...
:idk:

I could be mistaken, but I believe that monkey used to be a sales manager at my local GC. If not, it had to be his cousin.

• Members

From my experience at GC, they don't seem to care. Even in the "Martin" room.

My guess is, if I was in there and you came in with your kids, I wouldn't blink an eye. Some other folks and their kids? I walk out.

I know if my kids were that age, they'd better sit quietly or else. Other folks don't have that same respect.

I say go enjoy Daddy's day out. Just don't touch anything. :cop::)

• Members

I say go enjoy Daddy's day out. Just don't touch anything.
:cop::)

2 words: Duct tape. Reason no. 39 that I don't have children. Right behind no. 38, which is a strong aversion to being someone's wife in prison. However, not as motivational as no's. 1-4, which represent my nieces and nephews.

• Members

2 words: Duct tape. Reason no. 39 that I don't have children. Right behind no. 38, which is a strong aversion to being someone's wife in prison. However, not as motivational as no's. 1-4, which represent my nieces and nephews.

Reasons #1-4 would have to be increased to 1-24 in my case. :) Yes, that many nieces and nephews, but I'd try to ensure being able to control the kids :facepalm: (Duck tape or not) or be prepared to pay for breakages. :cry:

• Members

I have never had the pleasure of visiting a GC but from what I understand is that they could care less if you brought in that monkey that chewed that woman's face off into the acoustic room...why would a couple of toddlers faze them?...

I've seen quite a few guitars for sale at GC that looked like they were manhandled (monkeyhandled?) by this monkey.

• Members

It's a retail store, so it's the perfect place to take kidsand let them run wild so that they'll be ready for a nap.

That has become the american way !!!

Seriously If the kids will behave reasonably well take them with you

No harm in it what so ever

Now if the Kids are little Hellions, They should be left at home But more and more often it never seems to work this way

• Members

I agree with OGP--might just be my local GC, but I've spent upwards of two hours in the acoustic room, and never saw a salesperson (which is fine by me). I'm sure as long as the kids aren't wreaking havoc, you'll be fine.

Even if the kids are wreaking havoc, nobody will likely care. :facepalm:

• Members

I have brought that monkey into GCs more times than I can count - although, being a chimp, he really did not like being referred to as a monkey :cop: - and generally they didn't give a crap so long has he stuck to chewing faces rather than guitars.

chimp-playing-guitar.jpg

• Members

I have taken my 3 year old boy to GC and he is always very reserved and careful for some reason. Usually he is jumping and playing but I think he senses that it is a place to be quiet and well behaved at. He doesn't even attempt to touch the guitars but does look.

I've never even thought of asking nor did it occur to me that GC might be upset.

• Members

My ten year old daughters wear the Martins out at the Nashville GC. There is something special about seeing my daugters belt out Iron Man one note at a time on a 69 Brazillian Rosewood Martin. Seriously, GC could care less, they have insurance for broken guitars.

• Members

After you give them the chocolate, stop by the percussion dept for some drum stix... It'll be a great time!

Yeah I just saw this scene last week. Parent dropped two tikes in front of the drum kits and the kids beat the crap out of the skins for at least an hour.

And best: the employees, even though obviously annoyed, said nothing the entire time. Dad? He was in the acoustic room demo ing an amp.

Archived