Bought a lottery ticket for GAS fund

kwakatak

• Members

Good lotto mojo comin' at ya, Neil.

In the meantime, get your promo kit together and get some gigs. You're very good and you really should be playing out.

If you want an idea of how to put an inexpensive-yet-effective promo flyer together, holler at me and I'll email you a copy of mine.

• Members

Well, I believe you're better than you think you are.
:)

I'd have to agree, Neil.

But what part are you not ready for? Your music? Your nerves?

Sorry to take this thread down another path, but I think Samilyn's on to something.

I may not be the best guitarist around, but I think I can be entertaining. Maybe I stink, I don't know. But I won't know unless I take a step forward. So I'm testing the waters with the open mics to see what comes of it. Who knows who's watching. Maybe the bar itself is interested or maybe someone in the audience likes what they see/hear. Heck, if I only got one paying gig out of it all, I'd be happy. I don't intend to quit my day job, but a little extra money from time to time would be great.

• Members

:WARNING!! THREAD HIJACK IN PROGRESS!!:

Yeah. Our organist at church is very talented (she plays organ, piano, and flute, all well, and she sings very nicely) and she tells me once in a while how well I play and sing, even though I think I'm mediocre at best. You definitely play better that I do so if I can fool 'em so can you. ;)

• Members

Yeah, you are lucky you didn't win. Money is such a pain. (So I hear) But Neil, I put my vote in that you could certainly play out if you want to. Those kids will be in school before long, and you will have different stressors. Sounds like your music is your escape. You gotta have a goal, and playing out could get your Martin.

Archived