Are Carlo Robelli guitars worth it?

KimmyR

• Members

Yamaha FG700S @ $199. Best bang for the buck. Nothing else comes close.

If you're thinking about a Carlo Robelli, then you must be near Sam Ash. You can try the Yamahas there, and they often have discount weekends that include Yamahas; otherwise, get them to throw in a nice Levy's EM20S gig bag.

While at Sam Ash, try the Washburn G20S @ $149. It's a very nice solid top for the money.

• Members

Sold top? what does that mean?

And thanks for the help. I am near a Sam Ash. I heard that sometimes they give guitars away for free. Is that true?

He said "solid" top....not "sold" top, It means the top is solid wood as opposed to plywood, or what is commonly referred to as "laminated".

For $200 I think you could do a lot better than a Carlo Robelli. I'd highly recommend the Yamaha FG700S.....you're not gonna find a better guitar for that price......trust me. And, I'm pretty sure you're going to have to pay for it. Sam Ash isn't in the habit of giving guitars away. It's called a "store". It's where you "buy" things....they want "money" for 'em!

• Members

He said "solid" top....not "sold" top, It means the top is solid wood as opposed to plywood, or what is commonly referred to as "laminated".

For $200 I think you could do a lot better than a Carlo Robelli. I'd highly recommend the Yamaha FG700S.....you're not gonna find a better guitar for that price......trust me. And, I'm pretty sure you're going to have to pay for it. Sam Ash isn't in the habit of giving guitars away. It's called a "store". It's where you "buy" things....they want "money" for 'em!

Alright smarty. 'Sold' was a typo, thank you for the explanation, and I heard that they would do specials. That if you spend so much, then you get a free Carlo Robelli guitar. That's why I was curious about them.

• Members

Alright smarty. 'Sold' was a typo, thank you for the explanation, and I heard that they would do specials. That if you spend so much, then you get a free Carlo Robelli guitar. That's why I was curious about them.

Well.........scuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuze me. I thought you misread it. However, if you have to spend a lot to get a free Carlo Robelli, why not just buy a decent guitar to begin with??

BTW- welcome to the forum.....and, if you're gonna hang around here very long you might as well get used to some of the smart aleck comments. We do it all the time.....don't take it personal. Sorry if you were offended. Hang around....it'll get better.

• Members

Well.........scuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuze me. I thought you misread it. However, if you have to spend a lot to get a free Carlo Robelli, why not just buy a decent guitar to begin with??

BTW- welcome to the forum.....and, if you're gonna hang around here very long you might as well get used to some of the smart aleck comments. We do it all the time.....don't take it personal. Sorry if you were offended. Hang around....
it'll get better

He means you'll get used to it :wave:

• 6 years later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Members
On 7/2/2009 at 9:23 PM, kimona said:

Yamaha FG700S @ $199. Best bang for the buck. Nothing else comes close.

If you're thinking about a Carlo Robelli, then you must be near Sam Ash. You can try the Yamahas there, and they often have discount weekends that include Yamahas; otherwise, get them to throw in a nice Levy's EM20S gig bag.

While at Sam Ash, try the Washburn G20S @ $149. It's a very nice solid top for the money.

I’d go so far as to say there really is very little reason to buy anything other than Yamaha until you get past the $500 price point. And probably a little past that as well. 

• 1 month later...
  • Members

I would look on craigslist, offerup, lettgo. I find really nice (guitars/case/extras) all the time for under $100. for young people to learn on. a person always needs to do their homework,

because there are always people  that are over priced, so do your homework, just look up, online,  name and model before purchaseing. If its gone there are always others.

The yamaha 700s, is a great guitar, i have 3 of them , ( TOO MANY), you will be very very happy. The thrift store in my area has a carlo-robelli for $25., 

Thank you, I am a guitar nut, and i love Washburn.

• 4 months later...
  • Members

Has Sam Ash changed over the years.  I use to go to the one in Hempstead, Long Island in the early to mid 60s.  A good friend of mine purchased a Fender Stratocaster there around 1964, or 65 while we were in high school.  They always seemed to have good stuff.  Never saw a "house brand" anything back then.  Use to buy my sheet music there.  Just interested in knowing what happened to them.  Thank you!

Archived