Whoa ... Zoom Q3

Stackabones

• Members

Looks like a great little audio/video widget. If I was a portable nut this might be the ticket. But, recording from one fixed location I think I'm better off with a standard interface at the moment. I'm looking hard at the M-Audio 610 fire wire gizmo. A little pricier than I'd like but, crap, isn't everything?

• Members

Looks neat, but aren't they aware that all new TV screens and computer monitors are made for 16:9 aspect ratio now? This one clearly shows the old-school 4:3. Granted, it doesn't have to offer HD-quality picture, but the wasted black bars around the eventual viewing screen is a bummer.

I don't know anything about the device, so perhaps I should STFU,Noob!, but I don't think that screen was meant for playing back the recordings. It seems that that little screen would work well to make sure you get your subject in the center of the frame. After all, it's not a Panaflex, its a $250 portable recorder.

• Members

I've had problems with Zoom digital recorders in the past--the difficult, counter-intuitive user interface of an earlier version of this recorder made me unload it and move to the much more usable Edirol R-09.

Still, the difficulty of getting a good audio track on a video has kept me off of Youtube (I absolutely require a bit of reverb, at least! :facepalm:). If this camera/recorder has a reasonable interface and decent reverb, I'm sold!

We'll see....

• Members

I've had problems with Zoom digital recorders in the past--the difficult, counter-intuitive user interface of an earlier version of this recorder made me unload it and move to the much more usable Edirol R-09.

Still, the difficulty of getting a good audio track on a video has kept me off of Youtube (I absolutely require a bit of reverb, at least!
:facepalm:
). If this camera/recorder has a reasonable interface and decent reverb, I'm sold!

We'll see....

Need reverb? Bathroom!

• Members

Still, the difficulty of getting a good audio track on a video has kept me off of Youtube (I absolutely require a bit of reverb, at least!
:facepalm:
). If this camera/recorder has a reasonable interface and decent reverb, I'm sold!

We'll see....

Just record as you do now, audio-wise, and take some video at the same time. Then, in something like MovieMaker, you mute the soundtrack from the video and load your quality audio on top, syncing it with the video.

Unless, of course, you already knew that, then, I'll go away. :)

• Members

Need reverb? Bathroom!

You want me to post videos of myself in the bathroom!?! :eek: Okay, I'm an Americana guy, I could call them The Bathroom Tapes. They could become legendary....:rolleyes:

And thanks to Rhancox for the syncing suggestion. I use a Mac and I've heard that one can import audio from Garageband to iMovie. It sounds complicated, however--and I don't have a lot of experience editing video. Still, this is something worth trying. It looks like the the Zoom Q3 won't be on the market for a few weeks anyway!

• Members

I use a Mac and I've heard that one can import audio from Garageband to iMovie. It sounds complicated, however--and I don't have a lot of experience editing video.

hi Jack:

I've done some recording on Garageband, and imported it into iMovie. It's fairly straightforward. I bought a book on GB and one on iMovie (for Dummies or Missing Manual, I forget which). Both books were good investments, with step-by-step instructions.

cheers

R

Archived