Inlay Stickers

chriscarnucci

• Members

Stealing a thread from another forum here....but I just wanted to see what everyone thought of these? I haven't made up my mind yet. I don't think I would use these on a nice guitar but maybe some beaters..... I don't know I'm kinda a purist! I usually dont like to mess with the apearance much of a guitar. But who knows ...could be fun?

http://www.inlaysticker.com/

• Members

Some of those look pretty cool, but I'm wondering how they'll hold up over the long haul?

I was thinking the same thing myself. The website says that they're "super thin," but from the some of the pictures they had, it looked like they were sticking up off the fretboard quite a bit---relatively speaking, anyway. I'd imagine that the adhesive probably wouldn't respond favorably if you used something like Ax Wax on your guitar regularly, but I don't know that for sure.

Cool concept, and if I ever run across a beater that needs some help visually, I might give 'em a thought. Certainly can't argue with the price :thu:!

• Members

Some of those look pretty cool, but I'm wondering how they'll hold up over the long haul?

I've seen cheap guitars that had stick on position markers from the factory. In fact, my first guitar did. It's nearly 40 years old and they're still attached. Also reminds me of what I did with my banjo: Since you can play major chords with one finger, I stuck small pieces of masking tape on the side of the neck with chord names written on them.

• Members

Stealing a thread from another forum here....but I just wanted to see what everyone thought of these? I haven't made up my mind yet. I don't think I would use these on a nice guitar but maybe some beaters..... I don't know I'm kinda a purist! I usually dont like to mess with the apearance much of a guitar. But who knows ...could be fun?

http://www.inlaysticker.com/

the f hole stickers made me lol my pants

• Members

What do you think will look good on this?

Photo-0236-1.jpg

Natural finish guitar by the way

My only worry would be that one of these stickers would look weird on top of a high-gloss finish like that. Like it would be the only thing not high-gloss. Especially because there's already a real inlay on there that's got the gloss over it. Do you guys think that would be the case?