What do you do when you want something really bad???

Misha

• Members
I was born to first follow.
:)

I'm partial to planning the work and working the plan, Misha. Only occasionally do things go according to my plans, but I don't mind playing the odds.

Sage man!!

For my part, I've had nothing but bad luck with all my electric/electronic gears around the house, lately... :facepalm:

This week, I picked up my Seagull S6 Folk knowing that it couldn't electrically fail on me... and it sounded really good! It's probably due to the season change, the little guitar was at its best, soundwise. It was not too humid, not too dry, not too warm, not too cold: just fine in the music room! It made me practice more than I usually do! :)

I came up with ideas to add to an old unfinished composition. Now, I just wish I could be more knowledgeable and could incorporate more theory into my playing!

No hassle with gears is definitely a major plus... but it ain't all!

• Members

Those golden notes are the greatest!!

This can be a good time of year to play. I like having the windows closed and not having to worry about bugging the neighbors. They're very nice about it but listening to me noodle all summer has gotta get old.

I've heard that drum tracks are good for inspiration. I don't compose but I use Latin percussion tracks to practice with. Hours can go by.

• Members

Those golden notes are the greatest!!

This can be a good time of year to play. I like having the windows closed and not having to worry about bugging the neighbors. They're very nice about it but listening to me noodle all summer has gotta get old.

I've heard that drum tracks are good for inspiration. I don't compose but I use Latin percussion tracks to practice with. Hours can go by.

I like drum tracks too! I know a few sites to donload backing tracks for free. I looked at drum tracks but most of the sites I found weren't free.

I have a drum machine. I need to learn to program it! There are a lot of patterns in it, but I don't know how to create songs with different patterns in sequence!

• Members
:confused:

How's that guitar build going??? You're not quitting, aren't you??????

I'm still in the dreaming phase. I've done most of the prep work and I'm now just killing time trying make a luthier's clamp. It's frustrating because I've spent a couple hundred $$$ and all I've got the "plates" (top and back) that are nearly ready to go but I can't get away because of scheduling and family commitments.

• Members

:);)

(I'm serious. Follow that link and watch the lecture. It's only 3:16 minutes.)

All the best, Misha. And have a great weekend.

I don't know who I have a greater disdain for, psycologists or motivational speakers.

We used to call it "all talk and no action", I guess now it's been diagnosed as yet another "disorder".

• Members
I like drum tracks too! I know a few sites to donload backing tracks for free. I looked at drum tracks but most of the sites I found weren't free.

I have a drum machine. I need to learn to program it! There are a lot of patterns in it, but I don't know how to create songs with different patterns in sequence!

Me too. :)

My fiance gave me his old Yammie drum machine and I'm having fun noodling with it and learning how to use it. (That is, when I have a few spare minutes these days, what with painting and fixing up our new house, planning the party/wedding, etc ...LOL)

Edit to add:

And yes, like you, I focus hard on what I want. There is much to be said for positive thinking. :thu:

• Members
Me too.

My fiance gave me his old Yammie drum machine and I'm having fun noodling with it and learning how to use it. (That is, when I have a few spare minutes these days, what with painting and fixing up our new house, planning the party/wedding, etc ...LOL)

Edit to add:

And yes, like you, I focus hard on what I want. There is much to be said for positive thinking.
:thu:

New house, new drum machine, a fiance!! Talk about positive thinking!! :thu:

I wish we were neighbors, Samy! Maybe in another life!! :idea:

• Members
New house, new drum machine, a fiance!! Talk about positive thinking!!
:thu:

I wish we were neighbors, Samy! Maybe in another life!!
:idea:

I wish we were neighbors, too, Misha, since you are a dear friend! What fun we would have!!

I'm looking forward to a visit someday, whether you can come here or I can come to Montreal. :)

• Members

The last material thing I wanted really, really badly was my Guild GAD-G212.

I put it on layaway, went really cheap w/ myself for the next couple of weeks, sold an electric I rarely played and my soon-to-be wife (next week) kicked in 50% of what I needed after I sold the electric.

When it comes to non-material things, I find just taking the next step towards accomplishing what I want to accomplish is helpful. I figure if I keep steppin' in the right direction, I'll get where I want to be sooner or later.

• Members
I wish we were neighbors, too, Misha, since you are a dear friend! What fun we would have!!

I'm looking forward to a visit someday, whether you can come here or I can come to Montreal.

C'est un deal!! I can't tell you when nor where, but we'll have to do a get together
event!! :thu::cool:

Archived