What do you do when you want something really bad???

Misha

• Members

The last material thing I wanted really, really badly was my Guild GAD-G212.

I put it on layaway, went really cheap w/ myself for the next couple of weeks, sold an electric I rarely played and my soon-to-be wife (next week) kicked in 50% of what I needed after I sold the electric.

When it comes to non-material things, I find just taking the next step towards accomplishing what I want to accomplish is helpful. I figure if I keep steppin' in the right direction, I'll get where I want to be sooner or later.

A new Guild is a very nice thing but a wedding is a major "WOW" event in my book!

Congratulations are in order!!! :thu:

:wave:

• Members

The last material thing I wanted really, really badly was my Guild GAD-G212.

I put it on layaway, went really cheap w/ myself for the next couple of weeks, sold an electric I rarely played and
my soon-to-be wife (next week)
kicked in 50% of what I needed after I sold the electric.

When it comes to non-material things, I find just taking the next step towards accomplishing what I want to accomplish is helpful. I figure if I keep steppin' in the right direction, I'll get where I want to be sooner or later.

Many congrats on your upcoming marriage!!! I wish you both worlds of happiness!!! :)

• Members

Depends on how bad the thing is that you want. If it is very very bad, count on it being very very expensive. You are very very naughty, and should be very very ashamed of yourself. You need to be punished. Unless you meant "Badly". Um... then... well... Never mind.

• Members

Depends on how bad the thing is that you want. If it is very very bad, count on it being very very expensive. You are very very naughty, and should be very very ashamed of yourself. You need to be punished. Unless you meant "Badly". Um... then... well... Never mind.

Oh! An English lesson! Well thank you very much! ;)

• Members

Sorry. I wouldn't have even commented, but read one way, it means what you meant. Read another, it had whimsically ribald connotations. Given the choice, I will choose the path of whimsey. Not because I am a supercilious ass, but because life can be cold and grim. Humor is the lubricant that keeps you from being ground down. So laugh. If you don't, the King of Happy Valley may sentence you to be hung by the neck until you cheer up.

So at worst, life may be grim. At best, it may be grammar. God bless you Mrs. MacGuffey, wherever you are.

• Members

Many congrats on your upcoming marriage!!! I wish you both worlds of happiness!!!
:)

Thank you very much, both of you.

Yeah - she's finally making an honest man of me. :p It's the second go-round for both of us, so we were both very cautious about making that commitment. We both take that sort of thing seriously.

Honestly, after my first marriage I thought there was no way I'd ever fall in love again. I didn't have a relationship that lasted longer than three months from 1998-2008. I'd drop a g/f at the first sign of trouble.

Then I met the soon-to-be Mrs. X. She's a wonderful lass - the apple of everyone's eye.

We're both in our mid-40's now. I'm hoping we have many happy years ahead of us. If we don't have many, I'm sure they'll be happy.

A good woman is a wonderful thing to have in one's life. :thu:

• Members

Misha,

Try to learn something new as often as you can, play as much as you can and you will improve. IMO, it would be best for you to concentrate on playing, rather than all the bells and whistles (FX, etc), so I'd work on practicing on a clean setting for electrics, and on your acoustic. It isn't a race: You will never get 'there.' Try and play with someone else as often as possible. That is what worked for me, anyways.

• Members

Misha,

Try to learn something new as often as you can, play as much as you can and you will improve. IMO, it would be best for you to concentrate on playing, rather than all the bells and whistles (FX, etc), so I'd work on practicing on a clean setting for electrics, and on your acoustic. It isn't a race: You will never get 'there.'
Try and play with someone else as often as possible.
That is what worked for me, anyways.

That's what I was thinking just yesterday! It's time to find someone and start to jam!

As for playing clean: I've always prefered clean sounds! I add a bit of reverb and dealy. I play my electric guitar with distortion probably less than 20% of the time!

I'm always chasing the perfect clean sound, though... at low

volume! :facepalm:

I found a pretty good setting: my Laney Cub 10 in stereo with my Pathfinder 15R. I was satisfied with my sound, however, my Laney stopped working after a huge short circuit in my power bar that fried my reverb pedal at the same time... :cry:

I've had nothing but bad luck with electric/electronic gears in the house since last summer. Everything quits on me! it makes me really appreciate my acoustic guitars! :rolleyes:

Archived