I think I only like Acoustics...

skdmrklcy

• Members

So I got my fancy Breedlove Black Magic as my first guitar.

Then found out my Aunt wanted to buy me one for Christmas, not knowing my wife was and gave me a 500 Guitar Center Gift Card.

I currently have purchased an electric Schecter but I am unsure about it and just can't get a sound I like out it or the AMP. I just like the acoustic sound.

I am thinking about taking the electric back and getting just another Acoustic that is smaller and easier to hold for me, maybe even a classical.

Either way I am keeping the Black Magic, I just don't know what I want to add to it...

• Members

Well, I keep my electrics as a kind of "museum pieces" only. My Morris is been caressed once a year'ish, the LesPaul, the Strat and the Tele aren't even in my Sig anymore.

It's all acoustic, now. The new ones even don't get PU's - they come as bare as they are.

I do not need to shout, to make myself heard.

• Members

I've owned a boatload of acoustics in my life, but only one electric. I bought it used back in the 70's.....it was a no-name stratocaster wannabe that wasn't really a bad guitar at all. It's just that everything I played on it sounded like something Duane Eddy would do on a very bad day. I kept it for about a month and sold it to a kid who couldn't play it any better than I could.

Since then, all I've ever had, or even wanted, is acoustic guitars. To this day I've never wanted another electric.......life is so much simpler that way.

Take the Shecter back, get the money, and just hold onto that GC gift card until you decide what you really want to get with it. We should all have the same difficult decisions you've got on your hands.

• Members

I very rarely play electric, but I like having one around for recording. Mine's a Mexistrat.

If you're just getting into guitar playing, and you don't care about playing electric, you'd prolly get a lot more mileage out of a 12 string or even a mando. Or, if your new one is too pretty to travel with, get a beater that you can take on the road. If I could only have two guitars, it would absolutely be two that I would play a lot--a pretty one and a camping guitar.

• Members

I know I want something smaller I just don't know what.

I am looking at a few options but I may just wait till after Christmas to get something or wait till I find a sale.

The main options I am looking at:

Taylor GS Mini

Yamaha LS6 or APX Series

Breedlove C or OM Body

Ovation Shallow Body... Not sure about that one I like the look but not sure about it

Nylon String Classical

I am off Tuesday so I may go back and play around and take the Schecter back at least. I feel bad but no matter how hard I try I just don't like the sound. It feels nice and is super easy to play, just not for me I guess.

• Members

I've had one electric. I kept it for about a year, then sold it. I just didn't enjoy playing it like I do my acoustics. As for putting P/U s in my acoustics, i only started doing it last year, after I started going to open mikes. I use K&K, and JJB passive.

Mel

• Members

It took me a really long time to find a guitar/amp combo that I really liked. I too thought about just giving up on finding what I was hearing out of others... But, now that I have my favorite (David Gilmour Strat and Marshall Bluesbreaker amp), I wouldn't want to part with it...

• Members

Nothing wrong with being acoustic-only. I certainly understand the attraction. :cool: The fact is, I pretty much play my acoustics exclusively when I'm at home. But, I still like to have them around. Sometimes when I record, I'll need the sound of an electric guitar (or keyboard), and I like to have them for those times when they're needed.

• Members

Ive always even way back when 16yrs of age much preferred the sound

of acoustic guitar over elec-guitar even though them days when young

some friends dreamed of pop stardom :) and they always thought elec-guitars

as that was the in thing when young..although i then never had any patience for learning them days

and did buy an acoustic in which i gave away after just 1 wk :facepalm:

as always we say shouldve them days stuck-in to learning

but when older and wiser we know such and also have the patience more-so to learn when older

But ye always been a fan of the acoustic guitar sound over elec-guitar :)

• Members

I love the portability of acoustic, that you can carry it around, and you don't need anything else (like cables, electricity, amps etc) As a musician I feel I can bond a lot more with an acoustic guitar. When playing electric it feels very sterile and throwaway.

True jimmy with acoustic you dont need amps etc and can just leave yer house with such when need-be :)

• Members

So I got my fancy Breedlove Black Magic as my first guitar.

Then found out my Aunt wanted to buy me one for Christmas, not knowing my wife was and gave me a 500 Guitar Center Gift Card.

I currently have purchased an electric Schecter but I am unsure about it and just can't get a sound I like out it or the AMP. I just like the acoustic sound.

I am thinking about taking the electric back and getting just another Acoustic that is smaller and easier to hold for me, maybe even a classical.

Either way I am keeping the Black Magic, I just don't know what I want to add to it...

As a electric guitarist, for me sound is always hard to imitate, It really calls for very nice, high quality gear like my 200 watt, Marshall, or my Mesa Boogie 400 watt amp. If you have very nice effects and a cheap amp sound can't always be expected of, at least thats my perspective.

Archived