My snark broke

acousticdepot

• Members

Ps Sorry to hear about it breaking..What part of the snark broke ?

As for the small plastic clip-on Westfield TN tuner to me its as gd as the snark..

It was an electrical problem. Tried a new battery, still no good. If I pinched the sides of the plastic case it would come on briefly and then go off again, took a quick look inside and nothing look disconnected or bad solder contacts.

I just ordered another one. I have several other brands, but I absolutely hate my intelli imt500.

• Members

Any electronic gear that dies after a couple of months is what I call a POS. Tell me again why you ordered another one instead of being given a replacement and an apology?

I agree with Koiwoi ^^

Id have asked for a replacement or money back in that situation.. because im sure acousticdepot didnt break such

its been a slight problem with the tuner and should id have thought been replaced with another..

• Members

I agree with Koiwoi ^^

Id have asked for a replacement or money back in that situation.. because im sure acousticdepot didnt break such

its been a slight problem with the tuner and should id have thought been replaced with another..

I typically do pursue a replacement, or money back, but at 11 bucks a piece, I figure it's not worth the hassle.

• Members

TC Polytune anyone? I can see using something cheap and clip-on for a guitar that has no amplification whatsoever, but being able to tune all of the strings at once with a road-ready tool seems more pro to me.

I use a StroboFlip plugged into the tuner port of my amp. But I've seen so many pros using clip-ons I wonder if I'm not being a little too gear-weenied.

• Members

TC Polytune anyone? I can see using something cheap and clip-on for a guitar that has no amplification whatsoever, but being able to tune all of the strings at once with a road-ready tool seems more pro to me.

its not everyone whom wants to pay way over the odds for a tuner

Also its a hobby to some of us ..we aint all pros like you Koiwoi ;)

• Members

It was an electrical problem. Tried a new battery, still no good. If I pinched the sides of the plastic case it would come on briefly and then go off again, took a quick look inside and nothing look disconnected or bad solder contacts.

I just ordered another one. I have several other brands, but I absolutely hate my intelli imt500.

It DOES sound like an electrical problem if squeezing it causes it to mometarily come on. You said you couldn't find any bad or cold solder joints....but.......did you also check to see if maybe you've got a bent contact in the battery compartment. I'm thinking it's not making connection somehow.......like the battery's not in the circuit. You've got the classic repairman's nightmare. An intermittant problem. It could take days to isolate the problem and about 2 minutes to repair it. I've had a lot of those over the years. I could write a book about 'em. You could probably fix it if you wanted to mess with it long enough. At $11 though, it's hardly worth it. Although, myself personally.....I'd probably do it just to say I fixed it. Nothing beats perserverance. NOTHING!

Archived